Automate your Diagnostic TestsMaximize Efficiency and Quality
- Beginning of the page
CANoe.DiVa - Automated Testing of the Diagnostic Protocol in ECUs
DiVa is a CANoe extension for automated testing of diagnostic software implementations in ECUs. Reproducible test cases are generated based on an ECU diagnostic description in CANdela or ODX format.
CANoe automatically executes these test cases and generates a conclusive test report.
- Automatic generation of test cases and their specification with comprehensive test coverage based on ECU diagnostic descriptions in ODX or CANdela format
- Automated execution of test cases and generation of a test report
- Supports different diagnostic standards (UDS, OBD, KWP2000, GMW3110) and OEM-specific interpretations and test specifications
- Easy to configure test contents
- Integration in the CANoe test environment
This means savings in time and effort while improving the quality of ECU diagnostic software at the same time.
Generating test cases and automating test execution are two important trends in testing. The system supplier needs extensive tests to support development as well as regression and release tests. Automotive OEMs need systematic tests and requirement traceability, in all phase’s development, integration and release.
CANoe.DiVa is designed to be used by automotive OEMs and suppliers. DiVa is not tailored to a specific automotive OEM, but it allows OEM specific adaptions and extensions by configuration and/or plug-ins
Highlights Version 15
Test of Diagnostic Sequences with Vector Diagnostic Scripting (VDS)
- Test of ECU-specific diagnostic sequences in VDS (C# with Vector Diagnostic Assembly).
- Easy recording of diagnostic sequences without programming knowledge via CANoe Macro Recorder or Indigo Script Recorder.
- Execution and verification of the individual steps within a CANoe.DiVa test
- Detailed documentation and evaluation of the diagnostic communication against the diagnostic specification (temporal behavior, format, data types, etc.)
- Evaluation of successful execution via freely definable pass/fail interpretation of textual outputs of the diagnostic sequence
- Automated, early and continuous testing of whether a specific diagnostic sequence is handled by the ECU as expected - to ensure the sequence interacts with the ECU software. The familiar CANoe and CANoe.DiVa functions are available, such as
- Stimulation of the ECU environment
- Documentation, analysis and post-processing of test results
- Automation of test execution
Note: Validation of ISO D-PDU API based diagnostic sequences is possible since CANoe.DiVa 14. More details at "Functions/ Validation of Diagnostic Sequences".
- CANoe 64-bit runtime support
- Revised graphical user interface
- Reduced memory consumption during test execution
- New and revised manufacturer-specific test extensions
CANoe.DiVa provides test configuration, test generation, test result analysis support accompanied by requirement traceability and automated test control.
The generator uses diagnostic descriptions in ODX or CANdela format to generate comprehensive test cases in accordance to the configured test depth (good and bad cases). It generates a test environment that is added to a CANoe configuration, as well as a test specification with details on the test flow and the individual tests. The tests cover both protocol and application scope. The (re-) programming of ECUs for valid and invalid sequences is also checked. The execution results are documented in a clear report. The analysis of the test results is supported by CANoe.DiVa with mechanisms for sorting, comparing, filtering, commenting, requirement linking and post processing of tests and test results. Comments and requirements given by the user are persistently stored over sequential test runs.
- Physical/functional addressing and timing
- Protocol format: Processing of valid and invalid requests
- Execution or rejection of services at various session and security levels
- Data types and value limits
Validation of Diagnostic Sequences
With CANoe.DiVa you can test ECU-specific diagnostic sequences in freely selectable system states (e.g. ignition on/off). Any diagnostic sequences from applications based on the ISO D-PDU API are supported - and of course all sequences defined in VDS (Vector Diagnostic Scripting).
- Continuous testing of diagnostic sequences and (D-PDU API) diagnostic systems within the CANoe test environment using CANoe‘s environment stimulation capabilities.
- Evaluation and documentation of outputs of diagnostic sequences in the test report.
- Checking of used diagnostic services against diagnostic specification: e.g. timing behavior, format, data contents.
- Simple and fast setup of self-defined diagnostic sequences in VDS, e.g. via the CANoe Macro Recorder or the Indigo Script Recorder. Self-generated VDS scripts or sequences can also be used easily.
Validation of the Application: Diagnostic Parameter and Fault Memory
- Parameter vs. parameter: Compare write/read
- Compare parameters to expected values, e.g. values acquired over CCP/XCP
- Compare parameter with I/O or network signals
- Provoke and reset error states automatically (network signal errors or electrical errors via VT System or other HIL)
- Comprehensively check proper DTC setting, resetting and reporting, according to protocol and specification
Software Download Test
Validation of the flash programming of ECUs in conjunction with vFlash. CANoe.DiVa can generate tests for the bootloader supported by vFlash. Vector offers prepared vFlash Templates for a large number of different automotive OEMs and bootloaders.
CANoe.DiVa generates, among others, the following tests:
- Valid flashing and testing of diagnostic communication with regard to timing and format.
- Flashing when under / overvoltage.
- Abort the flash sequence at different points and targeted interruption of the power supply during flashing.
- Creation of requirements or import of requirements from requirements systems (e.g., Doors) or test data management systems using the Vector Connection Utilities/AddIn
- Generated tests can be mapped to requirements. This facilitates the tracking of the requirements
- Display of all test results for individual requirements
- Returning test results to the requirement or test data management system
- Automated control of CANoe.DiVa for integration into an existing build and test environment (e.g. Jenkins or Subversion)
- Integration of Vector Security Manager. The Vector Security Manager provides OEM-specific security functions, e.g. for diagnostic authentication.
- Test of diagnostic authentication and service availability
Supported Diagnostic Standards and Protocols
- ISO 14229 (UDS): 2006/2013/2020,
- ISO 15765 (Diagnostics on CAN),
- ISO 14230 (KWP 2000),
- ISO 15031/ J1979 (OBDII),
- ISO 27145 (WWH-OBD)
- GMW 3110
- Specific test support for numerous automotive OEMs:
Beside the general diagnostic tests (e.g. for ISO14229) CANoe.DiVa also offers additional test support for many OEMs.
CANoe.DiVa runs with the CANoe variants Full, Run and Pex.
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Core i5|
|Intel Core 2 Duo|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB||1 GB|
|HDD Capacity||≥ 2,0 GB (depends on used options and needed Operating Systems components)|
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important!
News / Events
The number and complexity of control units used in automobiles has increased tremendously. It is therefore important to include diagnostics in the development process of control units from an early stage.
Our training classes and workshops will provide you not only with a basic understanding of diagnostics. Especially with practical exercises you will gain a comprehensive view on the Vector diagnostic tool chain.