- Beginning of the page
The four-channel network module VT6204B is a high-performance interface module for the VT System. As with other VT System modules, faults can be fed onto the signal lines.
The module offers high performance and low latency times, because a PCI Express cabl e is used to connect the network interface to the VT6020/VT6060 real-time module or a PC. If connected to the PC, a PCI Express cable connector (x1, Gen3; SFF8644 plug) is needed. This may be added to the PC using an appropriate expansion card.
- Network interface with four independent channels
- Each channel may be individually configured as a CAN or LIN interface. K-Line only possible with channel 3+4. The VT6204B additionally supports FlexRay on channel 1+2.
- Proven, interchangeable Vector CAN/LIN/FlexRay piggies may be used as bus transceivers
- Hardware synchronization of the network interfaces with the VT System
- Relays for line breaks and short circuits between signal lines, to ground or to battery voltage
- Switchable termination resistors
- All channels can be connected by using the internal bus bar
|Number of channels||Up to 4 CAN or 4 LIN or 2 channels for K-Line, alternatively 2 FlexRay|
Sending and receiving 100% bus load.
|LIN channels||Sending and receiving 100% bus load|
|FlexRay channels||2 FlexRay cluster with 2 channels (A and B)|
|CAN identifier||11/29 bit|
|Max. CAN baud rate||1 Mbit/s (up to 8 Mbit/s data rate for CAN FD)|
|Time stamp accuracy||1 µs|
(to VT6000 or to PC)
|PCI Express x1 Cable (standard plug Gen3 SFF8644); cable length max. 1m|
|12 V ±10 %|
|Power consumption||Typ. 7.5 W|
|Temperature range||0 … 55 °C|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||300 x 173 x 36 mm|
|Weight (without piggies)||Approx. 500 g|