CANdelaStudioCreating and Editing a Formal ECU Diagnostic Specification
- Beginning of the page
CANdelaStudio - Efficient Specifying of Diagnostic Data
The specification tool CANdelaStudio is a central component of the Vector CANdela solution and supports users in creating and editing a formal vehicle ECU diagnostic specification.
Once a diagnostic specification has been created, it is used for the following process steps and increases thereby the consistency in the entire diagnostic development process:
- Implementing the diagnostic software
- Automated conformity tests of the diagnostic software
- Data supply for the various diagnostic testers in development, manufacturing and the service garage
- Starting point for test sequences and scripts in diagnostic testers in production and the service garage
Perfectly supported is the data exchange regarding
- import from ODX (2.2, 2.0.1)
- import from AUTOSAR DEXT
- export to ODX (2.2, 2.1, 2.0.1)
- export to AUTOSAR DEXT
- migration of diagnostic data to ODX and AUTOSAR DEXT
- The user is guided by a templates concept. Despite differences in requirements, the diagnostic data is always described in a similar structure, even for different automotive OEMs. This enables reusability across projects.
- Specific TIER1 support for OEM-independent diagnostic development
Consistent and Secure
- Consistency checks during input assure high data quality.
- Diagnostics-oriented user interface assure quick results.
- Import and export from/to different exchange formats (ODX, AUTOSAR DEXT, CSV, RTF, HTML, A2L, XML, CDI) simplify reuse and further use of data
- Support of different protocols on different networks (UDS, KWP2000, OBD, WWH-OBD, CAN, LIN, MOST, FlexRay, DoIP)
In order to handle OEM-specific differences in a single tool, CANdelaStudio supports document templates (CDDT). A document template corresponds to an OEM-specific diagnostic specification in content. It contains a formal description of all allowable basic services of the ECU and the set of mandatory content that must be implemented for every ECU. Document templates are provided by many automotive OEMs. For projects without a OEM-specific document template, a generic document template for UDS is included.
A diagnostic specification is created in one document for each ECU on the basis of the OEM-specific Template. It contains all diagnostic elements.
- Comparison view: Shows changes between two versions and saves the results. Many convenient filter, search and extended navigation functions are offered.
- Import and export of diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in a wide variety of formats
- Different views of diagnostic trouble codes: From a table-based overview to a view of the validity of DTCs in different variants and a detailed editing view for an individual DTC.
- Mass Data Transfer: For easy transfer of all diagnostic elements at once into one document based on a CDDT1 and into another document based on a different CDDT2
CANdelaStudio helps the supplier to adapt the software of an ECU, that has been developed in a former project, to another OEMs diagnostic specification.
- Mass data transfer
- AUTOSAR version adaptable
- Save as different document versions
- Hide supplier diagnostics
- DEXT import
Highlights Version 16
- New clear listing of DTCs in a cockpit view
- Structured display of all DTC properties such as, mapped events, extended data and snapshot data as well as all DTC details
- Fast and easy editing of all DTC data with multi-selection
In AUTOSAR, environmental conditions are described to restrict the execution of diagnostic services, by conditions from the vehicle environment, e.g. “Engine speed is 0”.
- Faster configuration of AUTOSAR environment conditions for AUTOSAR basic software via DEXT export
- The new Vector UDS template (included in delivery) already supports protocol services, diagnostic classes and interfaces for OBDonUDS
- Creating and editing snapshot data and extended data records for OBDonUDS
- DoIP interface plugin completed with TLS-Handshake
- Vector UDS template is extended for DoIPonTLS and AUTOSAR/DEXT
Data Exchange and Reports
- Import from ODX (2.2, 2.0.1), as well as export to ODX (2.2, 2.1, 2.0.1)
- Extensive optional settings in ODX export (e.g. table or service oriented)
- Partial import of ODX data, e.g. only Layers and Services
- ODXStudio View for viewing ODX data
- Intelligent support of Object IDs (OID) and Text IDs (TID)
- Simple import of signals and conversions from an AUTOSAR System Description
- Export function for generating the AUTOSAR Diagnostic Extract (DEXT files). The exported files correspond to the “Diagnostic Extract Template” standard of AUTOSAR 4.2.2/4.3.0.
- Automated linking of CANdela objects with the corresponding objects in the AUTOSAR System Extract
CANdb and FIBEX
- Adoption of signals and conversion into data objects and DTCs
- Diagnostic specification export (RTF, HTML)
- Service overview export (CSV file)
CANdelaStudio Standard offers all important functions to conveniently describe ECU diagnostics (e.g. ECU identification, fault memory, session, security, ...).
Functions of the edition "Standard":
- Creating and editing CANdela documents (*.cdd) using CANdela templates (*.cddt)
- Setting attribute values for code generation, for example
- Comparing two CANdela documents, or parts of CANdela documents
- Importing data from various standard formats (ODX, CSV, …)
- Exporting the CANdela document to various data formats
- Viewing and consistent editing in one language
Target group: All active participants in the diagnostic process should use CANdelaStudio Standard.
The well-priced CANdelaStudio ViewX edition provides viewing, comparing and exporting of diagnostic data, but no editing.
- It has the same functionality as the View Edition, which is delivered with the Vector Tools (CANoe, CANape...) and can additionally export the diagnostic specification as a requirement specification (RTF, HTML).
- Additionally, it features data oriented exports (ODX, CVS…), a compare view and an ODX Viewer.
Target group: Authors of test sequences and users of test systems.
Like CANdelaStudio Standard, additionally with manual and semi-automatic translation of the diagnostic specification into multiple languages (in the Standard Edition, you consistently edit the diagnostic specification in one language only).
Furthermore, you can create and use dictionaries following the open TMX standard. Besides Western European languages, Far Eastern languages like Japanese are supported.
Target group: International projects and projects where multilingual specifications are required or helpful.
Like CANdelaStudio Pro, with additional editing of diagnostic templates (*.cddt) for the definition of:
- Fundamental Protocol Services
- Fault Memory (structure and properties of individual diagnostic trouble codes)
- Diagnostic Classes for different diagnostic use-cases
- Specifying authorization settings for objects
- Modifying objects without restriction by authorization settings
- Attributes for configuring diagnostic tools (tester, code generator, validation…)
- Delete individual revision entries
Furthermore, you can edit template aspects in CANdela documents (*.cdd) and translate templates (*.cddt).
Target group: Users who are responsible for the global diag-nostic concept of a group of ECUs or vehicle model series.
|Processor||Intel Core i5 3,0 GHz or higher||Intel Core 2 Duo 2,6 GHz|
|Memory (RAM)||4 GB||2 GB (32-bit) or 4 GB (64-bit)|
|Screen resolution||1280 x 1024 or higher||1024 x 768|
|Operating system||Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista (Vista only 32-Bit)|
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important!
News / Events
The number and complexity of control units used in automobiles has increased tremendously. It is therefore important to include diagnostics in the development process of control units from an early stage.
Our training classes and workshops will provide you not only with a basic understanding of diagnostics. Especially with practical exercises you will gain a comprehensive view on the Vector diagnostic tool chain.