CANape Option vMDMProfessional Measurement Data Management
- Beginning of the page
Professional Measurement Data Management with CANape Option vMDM
vMDM (Vector Measurement Data Management) is the solution for efficient management of large data volumes from development, test bench operation and vehicle tests. With vMDM, you can save your measurement data securely, protect it against unauthorized access and simplify the exchange of measurement data between distributed teams. With vMDM, largescale CPU-intensive analyses, statistical metrics and reports are performed centrally on a server without any computational requirements on the engineer’s workstation.
With the option vMDM for CANape, you have access to all the measurement data saved in vMDM directly from within CANape.
- Secure storage of measurement data from test benches, road testing and endurance testing
- Data protection through organization of measurement data files in a private or public cloud with user-specific permissions
- Easy searching, filtering and display of measurement data Automatic indexing of measurement data on import
- Flexible data indexing based on metadata containing measurement attributes, calculated metrics, and data provided by other systems
- Automated data analysis and data mining on the vMDM server without any computational load on the user’s PC
- Project-specific reporting of measurement data and statistical analysis Scalable solution for multi-user environments
- Familiar working environment through seamless integration with the Vector tool landscape. You define scripts, data analytics and data mining functions as usual in CANape.
- Minimum IT investment and operational cost for cloud-based operation
- Integration of vMDM in CANape for navigation, searches and data transfer
- Interactive and automated analysis of the measurement data stored in the vMDM server in CANape
- Simple drag & drop export of measurement files from the vMDM server
- Creation of queries for the storage of dynamic search requests
- Export of query results in CSV format for creation of statistical analyses
- Setup and management of data catalogs as well as of user permissions
Display & Evaluation
With the vMDM Explorer window in CANape, you have direct access to all centrally stored and managed measurement data without having to pass through an external database application or the Windows File Manager.
You use features and metadata that you are free to define yourself to filter and sort even very large volumes of measurement data in seconds in order to solve specific problems. With a single mouse click, and using the proven capabilities of your Vector tool, you can display and analyze the retrieved measurement data quickly and conveniently. Data transfer is performed automatically in the background and a data cache permits accelerated access during recurrent operations on the same data.
Automated Data Analysis
With its data mining functionality, CANape provides a powerful and easy-to-use solution for the automated analysis of multiple measurement files. Using the vMDM option, you can not only analyze the files on your local workstation but also files from an vMDM server. As of vMDM 2.0, data mining can, if you wish, also be performed directly on the vMDM server in order to reduce the load at your local workstation.
The files to be analyzed are selected via your stored vMDM queries, i.e. here again you benefit from the possibilities for the flexible search and filtering of large data volumes. One advantage of this is that data that does not match your selection criteria is not subject to any computationally intensive analysis.
Server- and Cloud-Based Variants
Depending on your requirements or IT infrastructure, vMDM is available as a cloud-based solution or as the server-based vMDM Enterprise variant in which vMDM is installed on servers in your in-house network.
Scalable Multi-User Solution
vMDM is scalable as a multi-user system depending on the expected data volume and the required server performance. The measurement data is organized into customer- or project-specific data catalogs known as collections and is securely protected against unauthorized access by means of user-specific roles and permissions.
Optimized Search Operations
Thanks to the measurement data index, data can be retrieved quickly, queries for specific views can be defined and analysis tasks can be restricted to specific measurement data. vMDM determines additional index data during its initial analysis of the measurement files as part of the pre-processing done when files are first loaded into the system. This permits extensive statistical metrics, analysis profiles and event counts in categorized measurement files in just a few clicks of the mouse.
The data in vMDM is protected against unauthorized access. vMDM user authorizations, specific read/write permissions and protection against accidental deletion all make secure data management possible.
When vMDM is used in the cloud, a number of different measures (encrypted data transfer, client separation, ISO 27001) ensure a high level of data security.
To allow you to concentrate fully on your ECU development activities, Vector supports you both with its expertise and with its tailor-made, fully-fledged solutions for your particular tasks. The range of services extends from consulting, for example for the development of customer-specific analysis scripts, through support during integration and on to site visits by a field application engineer.