VectorCAST ServicesDeep Domain Expertise Adds Value to Your Software Development Lifecycle
- Inizio della pagina
A Jump Start is a 3-5 day onsite activity that configures VectorCAST for your environment and documents your testing workflow. The Jump Start also provides hands on mentoring for 1-2 engineers and prepares them to start testing with VectorCAST. Typical efforts for the Jump Start include:
- Setting up VectorCAST environments and workflows
- Jointly creating test cases for:
- Unit Test, Coverage and Systems Testing
- Collecting test target data and reviewing results
- Integrating with third party tools:
- Configuration Management (e.g. Git), Jenkins, and Doors
- Capturing and documenting testing workflow
Our experts can deliver onsite or offsite tailored consulting from a few days to a few weeks.
When you need to integrate VectorCAST within your test environment, guide your team in the best usage of VectorCAST, or any other dedicated help, our experts can deliver onsite or offsite tailored consulting from a few days to a few weeks.
Our specialists can accelerate VectorCAST integration and deployment by performing activities such as:
- Project setup/configuration
- QA automation
- Jenkins integration
- Automated environment building using vcshell/vcdb
- Test case generation and matching of test cases to coverage and requirements
- Provide guidance on industry standards, workflows and coding for test
- Provide coverage and analysis documentation for certification submission
Our experts can also provide tailored workshops, premium onsite/offsite dedicated support, guidance on how to use VectorCAST in regulated environments, or any other needs you may have to be successful and efficient in your testing activities.
Vector Services engineers can assist you with implementing a Baseline Testing infrastructure (also known as characterization testing) within your development lifecycle.
Your current challenge may be one or more of the following:
- Need to get software certified to a standard
- Software quality is an issue
- Cost of performing testing is very expensive
- Legacy software with no requirements, adequate test cases, or test infrastructure
- Lack of robustness testing (need more than unit testing)
- No resources with deep testing expertise
- Resources conflict: implementing new features or improvements versus regression testing
Baseline Testing is useful for legacy code bases that have inadequate test cases, or need certification to a standard. Often the lack of sufficient tests means that the application cannot be easily modified since changes may break existing functionality. Having test cases that formalize the behavior of an existing piece of software enable developers to refactor and enhance the application with confidence; it also provides the data necessary towards obtaining certification.
In summary, you will reduce or eliminate your technical debt, while reusing all the developed test cases on the next software revision. Due to testing automation, it will require minimal personnel or resources to run and maintain your testing environment.
Successful projects use their tools productively. Our consultants can help ensure that you are using your VectorCAST tool suite effectively and efficiently, including seamless integration of VectorCAST with the other software engineering tools deployed on your project.
Vector Services offers comprehensive instructor-led training, hands-on workshops, and consulting services designed to benefit software development professionals and impact your company's bottom line. Our trainers are embedded software engineers who will focus on how to best use VectorCAST products to achieve your embedded testing goals.
All VectorCAST training can be customized to focus on your software development requirements, environment, and specific learning requirements.