vCDMstudioThe Workbench for Calibration Engineers
- Inizio della pagina
Managing Parameter Sets Easily and Traceably with vCDMstudio
vCDMstudio is an efficient tool for editing parameter set files. It is easily used to display, compare and edit parameters created in ECU calibration. When solving complex tasks, filters are used to reduce the number of parameters shown on the screen. In addition to calibrating parameter values you can take values from different files and merge them to create new version levels.
Along with parameter values, you can also easily edit calibration data evaluations. vCDMstudio saves them with the history of the maturity level in CDF20 or PaCo files.
vCDMstudio is included in CANape, and is also available as stand-alone application. Its local dataset management is the entry solution to calibration data management with vCDM.
- Easily copy and merge parameter set files, both interactively and by batch operations
- Highly flexible and protects your investment, because all commonly use data formats are supported, including CDF 2.0, DCM, Intel hex, Motorola-S, PAR and PaCo
- Simultaneous comparison of multiple parameter set files gives user an overview of the different parameterization variants
- Saving of parameter set files as M script or code files (in C or hex format) enables easy export of parameter values to other important tools in the development process
- Quickly generate various reports, including MS Excel format
- Execute batch operations, such as making changes to values, calibration status information
- Scalable solution: vCDMstudio is a single workstation solution, but it is also available in other tools – in both CANape and vCDM, which is a database-supported platform for calibration teams
The primary application area of vCDMstudio is to efficiently manage ECU parameterizations on the file level. Primary users are calibration engineers and project leaders. In using vCDMstudio, you retain an overview of your work packages, reliably track parameter changes and manage data levels responsibly. Since all relevant file formats of the automotive industry are supported, it does not matter which measurement and calibration tool is used to generate the parameter files.
vCDMstudio can be extended by CANape Option vCDM to connect its local dataset management to the central, database-driven calibration data management of the vCDM server.
Capability / product matrix
Option vCDM (CANape & vCDMstudio)
Target user profile
Calibration engineers with local data management
Calibration engineers with multi-user, central data management
Calibration engineers, calibration managers
Reporting and analysis on calibration and maturity
Variant data set management and rich meta data
Multi-column edit, copy, compare of calibration files
Import/Export of arbitrary calibration formats
Calibration check and compute rules
Database & flow control
Database & flow control
Tracking of changes using the history
Quality & values
Quality & values
Collaborative work on shared data sets
Detection and resolution of conflicts
Creation of vCDM projects
Multi-user roles & rights
Working packages and parameter permissions
Automatic variant management
Version management for software and data sets
Migration of calibration to new software (A2L)
(*) Functionality provided by base product (vCDMstudio or CANape)
Highlights Version 20
- New Plug-In for data exchange with ETAS INCA – vCDMstudio can be used as Calibration Data Manager for ETAS INCA and connects it with the vCDM Database
- Compression of local dataset for fast access and transfer of large local dataset projects
- New license type to support vCDMstudio in Continuous Integration (CI) environments
- Load, visualize and edit parameter sets from symbolic, address-independent parameter set files or from binary files
- Configure and execute various editing steps easily via an automation interface
- Simultaneous loading of multiple parameter set files from your calibration process
- User-friendly interface for displaying and editing parameter set files
- Graphic representation of characteristic curves and maps to efficiently compare differences
- Clever filter mechanisms for defining individual views of parameter sets give users a better comprehensive view
- Export and import configurations
vCDM Toolset is a special configuration of vCDMstudio that provide its automation capabilities without a graphical user interface and with a dedicated license model for Continuous Integration.
It enables the automated merge, compare and extract of calibration with command line of scripting languages such as C#, Python and VB.
- Proven support of automotive typical data formats for parameter files PAR, CVX, CDF, Paco, DCM, ..
- Versatile binaries formats Intel (HEX), Motorola (S19) and derivates
- Reliable processing of respective ASAM MCD-2MC descriptions (A2L) by mature A2L parser
- A2L compliant parameter operations (copy, merge, convert)
- Master complex operations out-of-the box (copy parameters with different axis, bitmasks, variant-coded parameters
A Very Easy Way to Work with Calibration Data!
CDM Studio is the powerful entry-level solution for efficient calibration data management. The webinar will familiarize you with the possibilities for processing and displaying parameter sets and hex files. During the short 51-minute recording that features many practical examples, you will learn how to use CDM Studio to compare parameter sets and to combine them into new datasets. The large number of supported formats allows you to easily return the datasets back to development. You will be given an overview of the different possibilities, such as filters, graphic and numeric display of parameters, evaluation of calibration statuses, and report functionality. In addition, a distinction will be drawn between CDM Studio and vCDM, the enterprise data management solution.
Target groups: Calibration engineers, users of ETAS INCA, dataset managers, tool developers
- Windows 10 (64 bit)
- Windows 2016 WTS (64 bit)
- Processor frequency: 3 GHz or higher
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or more
- Main memory: 2048 MB RAM free
- Hard disk: 1 GB for the programs (vCDM, vCDMstudio, ASAP2 Studio combined) and minimum 1 GB for file cache size recommended
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important!
News & Events
The remote training vCDMstudio is an online training for experienced users. In four sessions of 2 hours each you will learn everything about:
- Optimal changeover from an existing to a new software
- Automation of the vCDMstudio
- Management of diagnostic parameters via the Function Inhibition Matrix
- Managing parameter sets with the vCDM option