VX1000Scalable ECU Interfaces for Maximum Data Transfer Rates
- Inizio della pagina
VX1000 Measurement & Calibration Hardware
The VX1000 System is a scalable solution with top performance for your ECU measurement and calibration tasks. It can be used in the vehicle – both in the cabin and in the engine compartment – on test benches and in the laboratory. Especially when developing ADAS ECUs, this allows you to control raw data captured by high-resolution radar sensors in combination with XCP data, e.g. object/tracking lists. The system forms the interface between the ECU and a measurement and calibration tool such as CANape. For high data throughput with minimal impact on ECU run-time, data is accessed over the microcontroller-specific data trace and debug ports.
The VX1000 Base Module is connected to the PC over XCP on Ethernet, an OEM-independent ASAM standard that is widely used in the automotive industry. The VX1000 measurement hardware is connected to the ECU via a POD (Plug-On device). Depending on the available microcontroller interface, either the data trace or a copying method can be used to acquire measurement data.
- High-performance measurement and adjustment access to ECU-internal data with highest transmission rates
- Very small POD for connection to the ECU debug interface
- Galvanic isolation of PODs and base modules
- A wide range of generic and customer-specific flex adapters enable connection to various ECU connectors and pinouts
- Easy and fast integration into ECU software
- Support of data trace measurement methods without influencing the ECU runtime
- Connection of numerous third-party development tools via ASAM protocol XCP on Ethernet as well as parallel debugger operation via software debugging over XCP
- Support of the Vector TA Tool Suite
- Special functions for engine control units such as Calibration Wake-Up or Calibration-RAM-Supply
- Connection of vehicle networks such as CAN / CAN FD and FlexRay
- Special solutions for transmissions, radar and other applications
- Very high measurement data throughput of more than 100 MByte/s for XCP data and radar raw data with the data trace measurement method and up to 3 MByte/s with the data copying method
- Measurement of fast signal cycles (>10 µs for data trace, >40 µs for data copying method)
- Measurement configurations with up to 100,000 signals can be processed
- Precise generation of DAQ time stamps in the ECU
- ECU cold start measurement (First Loop DAQ)
- Calibration of ECU parameters without address range limitations
- Calibration memory page switching
- Automatic overlays when calibrating parameters in flash memory
- Stimulation or bypassing with short latency times
- 100/1000 Mbit/s Ethernet connection to the PC
- Galvanically isolated power supply with wide input voltage range
- POD power supply via the VX1000 Base Module
- Optional: Flash programming, even for “brain-dead” ECUs
- Optional: 1 x FlexRay and up to 5 x CAN (FD) via XL Driver Library interface for CANape/CANalyzer/CANoe and custom applications
- PC tools for easy configuration and for software updates
New & Notable
Serial Wire Debug (SWD) Support in VXtools
SWD as a generic debug interface for microcontrollers with ARM-based technology is available in more and more ECUs. With the latest VXtools 4.4 the VX1000 with the VX1543B Serial POD supports these targets. Technical details can be found in the VX1000 manual.
- AURIX TC2, TC3, TC4 via DAP, HSCT or Aurora
- Traveo via SWD
- xPC 5xxx via Nexus AUX or Aurora
- xPC 5xxx via Nexus JTAG or Zipwire
- S32K or S32G via SWD
- RH850 via Nexus Aurora
- RH850 via Nexus JTAG
- Stellar via SWD
- Stellar via Aurora
- TMS570 via RTP/DMM
- AWRxxxx via LVDS for radar raw data
- ARM Cortex-based via SWD
PODs are small, high-performance circuit boards which are connected directly to microcontroller interfaces in the control unit. Due to their small size and high robustness, they are also designed for use in tight and demanding installation situations. Depending on the target microcontroller, different variants and configurations are available.
All VX1000 System Components at a Glance
VX1000 System is connected to debug and datatrace ports of an ECU. It enables very performant measuring, calibrating, bypassing and flashing via standardized XCP on Ethernet interface.
The overview poster in format 594x420 mm (DIN A2) shows compatible system components for numerous supported microcontroller families.
Please note: At the moment only version 2.9 is available as print version, for the current version 3.3 please download the PDF file.
"High Speed Measurement and Function Bypassing for ADAS ECUs" , recorded June 2016
The VX1000 system is a scalable solution with maximum performance for your measurement and bypass task, for example, during radar ECU development. By means of microcontroller-specific data trace or debug interfaces, in this area measurement data rates of more than 100 MB/s are meanwhile achieved. For bypassing applications of ADAS Domain Control Units, the VX1000 System can be combined with the VN8912 bypass high performance platform.
In this webinar recording you will receive a general overview of the Vector measurement and bypassing solution and details about customized applications in various ADAS areas.
Duration: 38 minutes
Target groups: Developers of driver assistance ECUs, test/validation and calibration engineers of driver assistance ECUs at the OEM or supplier
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important FAQs for you!