- Inizio della pagina
Universal Controllers for Intelligent Charging Stations
vSECC (Supply Equipment Communication Controller) and vSECC.single are universal controllers for smart charging stations. vSECC supports up to two charge points in different standards simultaneously. It is ideal for public high power chargers, whereas vSECC.single controls one charge point, a perfect fit for DC wallboxes or small single dispenser chargers.
The controllers serve as a communication interface between the electric vehicle (EV), the charging and load management back end and the power electronics (PE). The multitude of functional interfaces makes both charge control units widely applicable for the fast implementation of smart charging stations. The high-performance processors guarantee stable and reliable functionality.
- Universal controllers for any intelligent charging station
- One device for all communication functions of a charging station
- Accelerated development cycles of charging stations and wallboxes
- Charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, CHAdeMO and OppCharge
- Latest OCPP version (OCPP 2.0.1) for backend communication enabling smart charging
- High performance multi-core processors
Start a Conversation
Are you interested in a controller for high power chargers or DC wallboxes? Then let’s talk!
E-Mobility Infrastructure Expert
Helping to simplify the development and operation of charging infrastructure.
With DC Wallboxes Into The Electric Future
Mobility is shifting more and more towards electric, also in individual transport. But not only the development of the vehicle side is crucial. To become suitable for the mass market, the construction and successful operation of charging stations must progress further.
- AC wallboxes are ideal for charging at home, while DC fast chargers are preferred when on the road, but are these two options enough to adequately serve the emerging market?
- Many EV drivers only cover short distances every day. How can the expensive battery be used when the vehicle is parked?
- And what if AC charging is not sufficient for the range required by private individuals or fleet operators?
DC functionalities can provide the solution here: Read the new white paper to learn more about the applications and benefits of DC wallboxes!
E-Mobility Starter Kit
Start Developing and Operating Your Charging Stations
- Two vSECC controllers with up to two charging interfaces each (CCS, CHAdeMO or Pantograph)
- Power cable and mating connectors
- 12 months test license for our Charging Station Management System vCharM
- 12 months software updates
- Getting started documentation, manuals and necessary files
- Extensive integration guidance with comprehensive support
The Brain for Your High Power Chargers
vSECC is a controller that supports up to two charge points in parallel and can be used for any high power charging station including pantograph charging solutions.
- Controls up to two charging connectors simultaneously
- Suitable for every intelligent charging station, including inverted and roof-mounted pantographs
- Supports charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, CHAdeMO and OppCharge
- Numerous country-specific certifications
- Turnkey solution: Immediate installation in the charging station
- Specified for industrial outdoor conditions when installed in closed cabinet
- Compact industrial DIN rail design for easy integration into a switching cabinet
- Functional safety: Control pilot and proximity pin supervision designed for SIL 2
- Comprehensive security analysis based on ISO 15408, ISO 27001, IEC 62443
- Developer-friendly debugging features in web interface
- Remote software updates via OCPP ensure standard conformity and functionality extensions
- Provides support for OCPP 2.0.1 to ensure more efficient error handling and configuration of the charge control unit in the charging station management system (CSMS)
vSECC enables electric vehicle charging communication over CCS (Combined Charging System), CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) and Pantographs. By controlling up to two charge points in parallel, the controller is especially designed to meet the requirements of public or semi-public fast charging stations and controls the required high-level communication. This makes vSECC ideal for smart AC or DC double dispenser charging stations in public areas, residential or company parking lots.
With the support of OCPP 2.0.1, vSECC enables backend communication for fleet management as well as charging and load management. Featuring pantograph charging makes vSECC well suited for depot and opportunity charge points. In addition, the communication with a Value Added Service server is possible, e.g. for the preconditioning of buses in accordance with VDV261.
- Accelerates the development of intelligent fast charging stations
- Designed for parallel handling of up to two charging connectors
- Supports EV charging communication over CCS (Combined Charging System), CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium), roof-mounted and inverted pantograph and in the future ChaoJi
- Supports OCPP 2.0.1 for the backend communication via Ethernet
- Communication to power electronics via Ethernet and CAN
- Particularly suitable for fleet management: Vehicle identification possible via External Identification Means (EIM), RFID, Autocharge, Plug & Charge ready
- 24 V industrial power supply
- Device configuration, Log file analysis and PLC tracing possible in web interface
- Control pilot and proximity pin supervision designed for SIL 2
- Support for multiple RFID readers
|Main-CPU||i.MX 6Quad Core 4 x 1 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 8 GB eMMC|
|Power supply||18 V – 30 V DC|
2 x CAN
2 x 1000Base-Tx
1 x RS2321 x RS485
Considered standards DC
Considered standards AC
2 charge points managed simultaneously
2 x fullbridge out (Imax = 1 A)2 x analog input position feedback
|Digital inputs||8 x IEC 61131-2 Type 1 digital input|
2 x 0 - 10 V analog input9 x temperature sensor input
|Safety output||3 x relay output (NO)|
|Digital output||16 x digital out (Imax = 200 mA)|
|Housing dimensions (L/W/H)||162 mm x 89,7 mm x 62,2 mm (plastic)|
Technical usage and storage requirements
Temperature: -40 °C to +70 °C
Altitude: 0 – 2000 m above sea level
Humidity: not condensing
|IP protection class||IP20|
|USA||FCC Part 15B|
|Canada||CAN ICES-003(B) / NMB-003(B)|
|Korea||KC (Clause 3, Article 58-2 of Radio Waves Act)|
|BIS (IS 13252(Part 1):2010/IEC 60950-1:2005)|
Your Kick-Start into the DC Wallbox Market
vSECC.single Board is the series ready single version of the vSECC. It can operate one charging connector and its small form factor makes it particularly interesting for intelligent AC and DC wallboxes. Currently vSECC.single is available as a plug-on communication board (1), which can be used to build an integrated solution. Furthermore, the board can be wired together with a base board (2) and built into a housing. In the future, a full vSECC.single controller (3) in DIN rail housing will be available.
- Accelerates development and paves the way into the emerging DC wallbox market
- Covers all charging communication functions to the EV, backend and PE control
- Charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121 and in the future also CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) or ChaoJi.
- Small form factor ideal for intelligent AC or DC wallboxes and single dispenser charging stations
- Maximum flexibility: Develop your own integrated solution with the vSECC.single plug-on board or simply use the full controller
- Simplifies the addition of charging communication intelligence to existing electronic components
- High performance iMX 8 processor
- Prepared for future use cases such as energy management integration and bi-directional charging
- Remote software updates for standard updates and feature enhancements via OCPP
- Supports OCPP 2.0.1 for more efficient error handling and configuration of the controller in the CSMS
Due to its compact design, the vSECC.single board is ideal for wallboxes or smaller charging stations with one connector. Therefore, the communication board is especially suitable for charging electric passenger cars at home or at work. Furthermore, it enables photovoltaic system manufacturers to easily enhance their product with charging communication intelligence. The controller enables microgrids to use the generated electricity in an efficient way for charging EVs.
The future full controller is very convenient for smaller charging stations or pantograph charge points in fleets and depots, if only one charge point can be implemented due to the vehicle size and cable lengths.
- Designed to manage one charge point
- Enables charging via CCS (Combined Charging System) and in the future CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) and ChaoJi
- Backend communication with OCPP 2.0.1
- Communication to power electronics via CAN or Ethernet
- Vehicle identification possible via External Identification Means (EIM), RFID, Autocharge, Plug & Charge ready
- Support for multiple RFID readers
|Power supply||12 V DC|
1 x CAN
1 x 1000Base-Tx
1 x RS232 (TTL)1 x RS485
ISO 15118-2/-3ISO 15118-20
|Digital inputs and outputs||10 x digital I/O (logic level 3.3 V)|
|Analog inputs||4 x 0-5 V analog input|
2 x temperature sensor input (PT 1000)
|Safety output||1 x (logic level 3.3 V)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||14,25 mm x 58 mm x 99,2 mm|
|Operation temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
1 x RJ45
1 x 30 pole base board connector1 x 10 pole charging connector
New Feature Highlights
Connect several Modbus TCP clients via Ethernet to numerous Modbus RTU slaves via RS485. For example, peripheral devices such as an insulation monitor can be connected to the power electronics.
Flexible power distribution
The vSECC software offers several ways to split the available power:
- Load management starting from the backend with charging profiles via OCPP
- Dynamic interconnection of power electronics modules via PEP
CCS type 1/2
The connector type used can be configured for each connector.
Interface to DC energy meters via Ethernet
The transfer of measured values from DC energy meters with four-wire measurement or integrated compensation for charging cable losses is possible in compliance with calibration law. An integrated virtual energy meter is available to pass on energy values based on the current and voltage values from the power electronics to the CSMS.
Easy configuration of the controllers
Via Python script the variables of the vSECC controllers can be configured
Further Development of vSECC and vSECC.single
At the moment, vSECC supports two charging interfaces from CCS Type 1 or 2 DC or one CCS DC and one CHAdeMO interface simultaneously. Moreover, it is possible to use vSECC for inverted and roof-mounted pantograph charging stations. In the future, it will be an option to use one interface for AC charging in addition to a CCS DC charger.
Currently, we are further developing vSECC.single Board to a full controller in DIN rail housing.
On the software side, we are working on:
- OCPP 1.6J
- Plug & Charge
- CCS AC charging
- ISO 15118-20 implementation with the additional functions
- Bidirectional Power Transfer (BPT)
- Automatic Charging Device (ACD)
- Wireless Power Transfer (WPT)
Please contact us if you are interested in further features.