- Inizio della pagina
Universal Controllers for Intelligent Charging Stations
vSECC (Supply Equipment Communication Controller) and vSECC.single are universal controllers for smart charging stations. vSECC supports up to two charge points in different standards simultaneously. It is ideal for public high power chargers, whereas vSECC.single controls one charge point, a perfect fit for DC wallboxes or small single dispenser chargers.
The controllers serve as a communication interface between the electric vehicle (EV), the charging and load management back end and the power electronics (PE). The multitude of functional interfaces makes both charge control units widely applicable for the fast implementation of smart charging stations. The high-performance processors guarantee stable and reliable functionality.
Versatile controller for smart double dispenser and pantograph charging stations.
- Universal controllers for any intelligent charging station
- One device for all communication functions of a charging station
- Accelerated development cycles of charging stations and wallboxes
- Charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, CHAdeMO and OppCharge
- Latest OCPP version (OCPP 2.0.1) for back end communication enabling smart charging
- High performance multi-core processors
Start a Conversation
Are you interested in a controller for high power chargers or DC wallboxes? Then let’s talk!
E-Mobility Infrastructure Expert
Helping to simplify the development and operation of charging infrastructure.
Electric mobility is picking up speed: More and more OEMs are introducing electric vehicles for various purposes to the market. Financial subsidies are making it easier for vehicle owners to make the switch. Now we need the adequate charging infrastructure.
But what exactly does charging need to look like to be accepted by all customers?
In this white paper, you will learn:
- How intelligent fast charging is helping electric mobility achieve a breakthrough both privately and commercially
- Where and why AC charging is still used
- How charging station manufacturers are winning in the growth market of charging infrastructure with the right components
E-Mobility Starter Kit
Start Developing and Operating Your Charging Stations
- Two vSECC controllers with up to two charging interfaces each (CCS, CHAdeMO or Pantograph)
- Power cable and mating connectors
- 12 months test license for our Charging Station Management System vCharM
- 12 months software updates
- Getting started documentation, manuals and necessary files
- Extensive integration guidance with comprehensive support
Starting off the year with good news!
The Starter Kit is available again for your kick-start into charging infrastructure development.
The Brain for Your High Power Chargers
vSECC is a controller that supports up to two charge points in parallel and can be used for any high power charging station including pantograph charging solutions.
- Controls up to two charging connectors simultaneously
- Suitable for every intelligent charging stations, including inverted and roof-mounted pantographs
- Supports charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121, CHAdeMO and OppCharge
- Numerous country-specific certifications
- Turnkey solution: Immediate installation in the charging station
- Specified for industrial outdoor conditions when installed in closed cabinet
- Compact industrial DIN rail design for easy integration into a switching cabinet
- Functional safety: Control pilot and proximity pin supervision designed for SIL 2
- Comprehensive security analysis based on ISO 15408, ISO 27001, IEC 62443
- Developer-friendly debugging features in web interface
- Remote software updates via OCPP ensure standard conformity and functionality extensions
- Provides support for OCPP 2.0.1 to ensure more efficient error handling and configuration of the charge control unit in the charging station management system (CSMS)
vSECC enables electric vehicle charging communication over CCS (Combined Charging System), CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) and Pantographs. By controlling up to two charge points in parallel, the controller is especially designed to meet the requirements of public or semi-public fast charging stations and controls the required high-level communication. This makes vSECC ideal for smart AC or DC double dispenser charging stations in public areas, residential or company parking lots.
With the support of OCPP 2.0.1, vSECC enables back end communication for fleet management as well as charging and load management. Featuring pantograph charging makes vSECC well suited for depot and opportunity charge points. In addition, the communication with a Value Added Service server is possible, e.g. for the preconditioning of buses in accordance with VDV261.
- Accelerates the development of intelligent fast charging stations
- Designed for parallel handling of up to two charging connectors
- Supports EV charging communication over CCS (Combined Charging System), CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium), roof-mounted and inverted pantograph and in the future ChaoJi
- Supports OCPP 2.0.1 for the back end communication via Ethernet
- Communication to power electronics via Ethernet and CAN
- Particularly suitable for fleet management: Vehicle identification possible via External Identification Means (EIM), RFID, Autocharge, Plug & Charge ready
- 24 V industrial power supply
- Device configuration, Log file analysis and PLC tracing possible in web interface
- Control pilot and proximity pin supervision designed for SIL 2
|Main-CPU||i.MX 6Quad Core 4 x 1GHz, 2 GB RAM, 8 GB eMMC|
|Power supply||18 V – 30 V DC|
2 x CAN
2 x 1000Base-Tx
1 x RS2321 x RS485
Considered standards DC
Considered standards AC
2 charge points managed simultaneously
2 x fullbridge out (Imax = 1 A)2 x analog input position feedback
|Digital inputs||8 x IEC 61131-2 Type 1 digital input|
2 x 0 - 10 V analog input9 x temperature sensor input
|Safety output||3 x relay output (NO)|
|Digital output||16 x digital out (Imax = 200 mA)|
|Housing dimensions (L/W/H)||162 mm x 89,7 mm x 62,2 mm (plastic)|
|Operation temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|IP protection class||IP20|
|USA||FCC Part 15B|
|Canada||CAN ICES-003(B) / NMB-003(B)|
|Korea||KC (Clause 3, Article 58-2 of Radio Waves Act)|
|BIS (IS 13252(Part 1):2010/IEC 60950-1:2005)|
Your Kick-Start into the DC Wallbox Market
vSECC.single Board is the single version of the vSECC and can operate one charging connector. Its small form factor makes it particularly interesting for intelligent AC and DC wallboxes. Currently vSECC.single is available as a plug-on communication board (1), which can be used to build an integrated solution. Furthermore, the board can be wired together with a base board (2) and built into a housing. In the future, a full vSECC.single controller (3) in DIN rail housing will be available.
- Accelerates development and paves the way into the emerging DC wallbox market
- Covers all charging communication functions to the EV, back end and PE control
- Charging communication according to ISO 15118, DIN SPEC 70121 and in the future also CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) or ChaoJi.
- Small form factor ideal for intelligent AC or DC wallboxes and single dispenser charging stations
- Maximum flexibility: Develop your own integrated solution with the vSECC.single plug-on board or simply use the full controller
- Simplifies the addition of charging communication intelligence to existing electronic components
- High performance iMX 8 processor
- Prepared for future use cases such as energy management integration and bi-directional charging
- Remote software updates for standard updates and feature enhancements via OCPP
- Supports OCPP 2.0.1 for more efficient error handling and configuration of the controller in the CSMS
Due to its compact design, the vSECC.single board is ideal for wallboxes or smaller charging stations with one connector. Therefore, the communication board is especially suitable for charging electric passenger cars at home or at work. Furthermore, it enables photovoltaic system manufacturers to easily enhance their product with charging communication intelligence. The controller enables microgrids to use the generated electricity in an efficient way for charging EVs.
The future full controller is very convenient for smaller charging stations or pantograph charge points in fleets and depots, if only one charge point can be implemented due to the vehicle size and cable lengths.
- Designed to manage one charge point
- Enables charging via CCS (Combined Charging System), CHAdeMO (Japanese Charging Consortium) and in the future ChaoJi
- Back end communication with OCPP 2.0.1
- Communication to power electronics via CAN or Ethernet
- Vehicle identification possible via External Identification Means (EIM), RFID, Autocharge, Plug & Charge ready
|Power supply||12 V DC|
1 x CAN
1 x 1000Base-Tx
1 x RS232 (TTL)1 x RS485
ISO 15118-2/-3ISO 15118-20
|Digital inputs and outputs||10 x digital I/O (logic level 3.3 V)|
|Analog inputs||4 x 0-5 V analog input|
2 x temperature sensor input (PT 1000)
|Safety output||1 x (logic level 3.3 V)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||14,25 mm x 58 mm x 99,2 mm|
|Operation temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
1 x RJ45
1 x 30 pole base board connector1 x 10 pole charging connector
Further Development of vSECC and vSECC.single
At the moment, vSECC supports two charging interfaces from CCS Type 2 DC or one CCS Type 2 DC and one CHAdeMO interface simultaneously. Moreover, it is possible to use vSECC for inverted and roof-mounted pantograph charging stations. In the future, it will be an option to use one interface for CCS Type 1 and 2 DC or AC charging in addition to a CCS Type 2 DC charger.
Currently, we are further developing vSECC.single Board to a full controller in DIN rail housing.
On the software side, we are working on:
- Plug & Charge
- CCS AC charging
- Connection to smart metering (in conformity with calibration law)
- Implementation of the Japanese protocol CHAdeMO 2.0
- ISO 15118-20 implementation with the additional functions
- Bidirectional Power Transfer (BPT)
- Automatic Charging Device (ACD)
- Wireless Power Transfer (WPT)
Please contact us if you are interested in further functions.