- Inizio della pagina
Our environmental commitment
Protecting the environment is important to Vector.
We monitor and reduce our environmental impact with the aid of established environmental management processes based on ISO 14001.
The basis of these processes is the Vector environmental guideline:
- Vector conserves natural resources and does not harm the environment.
- Vector implements the legal requirements for relevant environmental aspects.
- Vector has introduced environmental management regulations to manage all activities and objectives that contribute to the protection of the environment. This ensures that Vector's environmental impact is continuously reduced or avoided.
- The Vector Environmental Policy is communicated to all persons working for or on behalf of Vector.
- We collect and publish key figures annually based on the Carbon Accounting Standard and thus comply with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GRIG4 - GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard).
This policy provides guidance to managers and employees to behave in an environmentally friendly manner within their work environment and to reduce the environmental footprint of Vector's business activities.
As Vector is an IT company without its own production capacities, we are not currently planning to obtain ISO 14001 certification.
Examples of Environmental Actions Vector has taken in Germany
Several photovoltaic plants on the company's buildings supply green electricity.
In the company's own buildings renewably generated electricity is purchased additionally.
In several buildings cooling and heating are carried out proportionately by geothermal energy.
- The company ticket for public transportation is subsidized by Vector.
- Vector compensates the CO2 emissions of company flights via atmosfair and Vectorians travel completely green during rail travel.
- Vector offers charging stations for electric vehicles (e-cars, e-bikes / pedelecs).
- Vectorians can lease job bikes with tax advantages through Vector.
- The CO2 emission of the company fleet is steadily reduced by giving preference to CO2-friendly cars.
When new equipment is purchased, the focus is on energy-efficiency.
Administrative procedures are processed electronically in order to avoid printouts.
- In the design and manufacture of hardware products, Vector pays particular attention to energy efficiency and protection of ressources.
- The design and production of hardware devices are carried out in accordance with legal requirements and guidelines.
- Software and manuals are increasingly provided electronically for download.
- All printed marketing materials such as brochures, press books and posters are printed at print offices that are FSC and PEFC certified.
- Vector approved a sustainability credo for the canteen with regard to food, detergents, packaging and paper.
- Vector uses sustainable cultivated and fair trade coffee.