DaVinci Configurator ClassicConfigure, Validate and Generate AUTOSAR Classic Basic Software
- Beginning of the page
DaVinci Configurator Classic - Configuring AUTOSAR Classic Basic Software
DaVinci Configurator Classic is the central tool for configuring, validating and generating the basic software (BSW) and the runtime environment (RTE) of an AUTOSAR Classic ECU.
New Name, More Advantages
Vector simplifies its AUTOSAR product concept in regard of Collaborative Software Development and Continuous Integration. As part of this project, the previous tool DaVinci Configurator Pro becomes DaVinci Configurator Classic.
- Automatic parameterization of the BSW based on the OEM's system and diagnostic descriptions
- Specific configuration user interfaces for all areas of the BSW and the RTE
- Easy integration of third-party modules
- Validation of the configuration with troubleshooting tips
- Workflow support for a continuous integration of the ECU software
Configuring the Basic Software and the RTE
- Customized and convenient user interfaces for all aspects of the basic software such as communication, NV memory, diagnostics and the runtime system
- Generic configuration editor (GCE) for a native view of parameters
- Automatic adjustment of dependent parameters during configuration
- Functions that assist in complex configuration tasks
Validating the Basic Software and the RTE
Highlights of Version 5.25
Optimized Usability and Enhancements
- Supports Logical Execution Time (LET) modelling
- Recognition of AUTOSAR SWC to Core Mapping as integration instruction
- Extended support for RTE Implementation plugin
- Enhanced FullCAN configuration
Configuring the MICROSAR Classic RTE
Developing Workflow Scripts
Develop System Description Scripts (Python 2.7)
- Correction of input data at the level of System Description
- Automatic execution of scripts during project update
- Signature of the script files for execution with DaVinci Configurator Classic
Develop Automation Scripts (Groovy)
- Automation of various actions like editing of parameters, access to validation results or execution of solving actions
- Assistant for easy setup of script projects
- Debugging of scripts with tools like IntelliJ IDEA
- Execution of script tasks via the user interface or via command line
Note: These functions were previously part of Option WF.
More Helpful Functions
- Derive parameters from the OEM's system and diagnostic description files
- Write-protected display of derived parameters
- Correct errors in the system description by controlled overwriting of individual derived parameters
- Automatic updating of the configuration after changes to the system description
- Generate an HTML report, e.g. about parameters that deviate from the system description
- Switch the configuration phase for post-build loadable ECUs. This prevents prohibited changes to pre-compile parameters.
- Diff/Merge function for integrating different branches of a project
- Finely granulated storage of module configurations in separate files. This enables easy management with file-based configuration management systems.
AUTOSAR Network Explorer is integrated in DaVinci Configurator Classic for editing network descriptions in ARXML format.
- Define variants (Evaluated Variant Sets according to the AUTOSAR concept)
- Select the input file set per variant
- Create an overall configuration with all variants
- Interface filters for displaying a single variant
- Display the variance/invariance of individual parameters
The previous Option CI is now part of the new tool DaVinci Team.
DaVinci Team extends DaVinci Configurator Classic with Continuous Integration (CI) as a standardized integration pipeline for application software components, allowing software developers a fast and standardized integration of changed or new functionality. This opens the possibility of early function testing on ECU targets. In the development process, DaVinci Team reduces the blocking times caused by long integration intervals. Watch the video for more details.
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080||1600 x 900|
|Operating System||Windows 8.1, 10 (64 Bit)||Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)|
1 DaVinci Configurator Pro benefits from higher clock rates rather than higher number of cores.
System Requirements Option CI
Depending on the use case, the Integration Workflow has dependencies to external tools. The following table lists these dependencies together with the information for which use cases they are needed. Furthermore, a minimum supported version for each external tool is displayed in the table. The compatibility of the Workflow plugins with these versions is guaranteed. Lower versions could work nonetheless. Higher versions should work unless the external tool introduces API breaking changes. Please contact the Vector Support if you encounter problems with higher versions. Note that you should always use the latest service pack of each tool version.
|External Tool||Version||VTT I||VTT BSW E||REAL|
|DaVinci Configurator Pro||5.19||yes||yes||yes|
|DaVinci Developer *||4.4||yes||yes||yes|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||12.0||yes||yes||no|
* Installation necessary in the current version due to internal constraints. However, a license is not needed.
The following shortcuts were used for the workflow use cases:
|VTT Integration||VTT I|
|VTT BSW Emulation|
VTT BSW E
The DaVinci External Components Package as a necessary prerequisite for the DaVinci tools has not been listed separately. Iron Python is bundled within the DaVinci External Components and is needed for the VTT use cases.
For configuring the MICROSAR basic software modules you need a compatible version of the DaVinci Configurator Pro. You can download compatibility matrices in the Vector KnowledgeBase.
Currently planned Releases and Service Packs for DaVinci Configurator Classic.
News / Events
Do you want to know more about the basics of AUTOSAR and the AUTOSAR basic software and tools? Vector offers a 1-5-day modular AUTOSAR workshop. This deals with AUTOSAR 4 and AUTOSAR 3 alternately. According to the booked module...
- you get to know the AUTOSAR methodology
- you gain insights in all major subject areas of the ECU development
- you get to know the specifics of some vehicle manufacturers
- MICROSAR safe is presented - the Vector solution for safety-related ECUs according to ISO 26262.
Learn the details of each module in the training portal.