- Beginning of the page
Solutions for Car2x / V2X
Car2x and V2X – these are the current keywords when it comes to the future of safety, efficiency and comfort in road traffic. And whether we talk about Car2x or V2x, we mean the same thing: integrating vehicles into a comprehensive data infrastructure that enables direct communication between vehicles (V2V: Vehicle to Vehicle) on the one hand and infrastructure (V2I: Vehicle to Infrastructure or I2V: Infrastructure to Vehicle) on the other.
Information such as speed, position or status/condition, which is based on the driver's ability to assess when driving conventionally, can now be exchanged and processed directly.
The high degree of networking within the vehicle as well as with its environment brings with it a number of new challenges:
- the use of wireless transmission technologies
- IEEE 802.11p (ITS-G5 or DSRC)
- C-V2X (Cellular-V2X) with LTE/4G or 5G mobile communication (PC5 Link)
- Communication with the backend/cloud by means of LTE/4G or 5G mobile communication (V2N)
- the parallel use of different technologies with data fusion (wireless, radar systems of different ranges, laser scanners, image processing systems, etc.).
- a common time base in highly dynamic networks
- the exchange of position data
- handle complex data structures and optional elements in coded application messages
- make communication secure through signatures and encryption
The development of cooperative systems in the V2X or Car2x area brings decisive advantages when it comes to safety, efficiency and comfort in road traffic. Thus, intelligent telematics and driver assistance systems can be implemented, such as
- Traffic Jam ahead Warning (TJW),
- Road Works Warning (RWW),
- Intersection Movement Assist (IMA),
- Intersection Collision Avoidance (ICA),
- Emergency Electronic Brake Light,
- Green Light Optimal Speed Advisory (GLOSA) or
- applications such as platooning, an electronically coupled convoy.
Communication between vehicles or between vehicles and the infrastructure either takes place via the WLAN standard IEEE 802.11p (ETSI ITS-G5 or IEEE 1609 WAVE) or via LTE/4G respectively 5G mobile communication (C-V2X PC5). This is used to exchange Car2x-specific network and transport protocols with application messages attached to them. Examples of application messages are
- Cooperative Awareness Message (CAM)
- Decentralized Environmental Notification Message (DENM) in Europe
- Basic Safety Message (BSM) in China and the USA
- MAP Data Message (MAP) and Signal Phase And Timing Message (SPaT) for intersections and traffic lights
- Infrastructure to Vehicle Information Message (IVIM)
- Signal Request Extended Message (SREM) and Signal Request Status Extended Message (SSEM) for e.g. for prioritization of public safety vehicles or public transport at traffic lights
- Cooperative Perception Message (CPM)
In order to ensure secure communication, signed packages (Secured Packets) must also be used.
CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium
The CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium (C2C-CC) is a non-profit association of European vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, research institutions and other partners.
The C2C-CC aims to increase road safety and efficiency through the use of cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) through vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication.
Through its active membership as Associated Member, Vector Informatik underlines its commitment to providing a suitable tool portfolio for the development and testing of driver assistance applications.
Vector – The Car2x/V2X Specialist
Vector Informatik is a Associated Member of the CAR 2 CAR Communication Consortium and participates regularly in the workshops. Thanks to Vector's expertise and many years' experience in the Car2x environment, you profit from high-performance products and services with which you can solve your challenging problems more efficiently, faster, and more cost-effectively.
With a continuous tool chain for all Car2x projects, Vector has the right solution for you:
- perfectly-attuned software tools
- individual service