Duration: 63 minutes
Panelists: Mathias Waldenburger
Protect ECUs Against Cyber Attacks – Advanced Protection and Faster Cryptographic Calculation with Hardware Security Modules
Cybersecurity is becoming increasingly important in the development of future E/E architectures and control devices in vehicles. To accelerate the execution of complex security algorithms, more and more semiconductor manufacturers are integrating so-called Hardware Security Modules (HSM) into their microcontrollers. However, these HSMs also require efficient and highly flexible software.
In this webinar we present Vector's solution: veHSM. This is a firmware for hardware security modules. It also includes cryptographic services that run on a secure core with isolated memory and, if available, using hardware acceleration. We introduce you to the features of veHSM and its applications. In addition, we will show you how veHSM interacts with AUTOSAR basic software and a flash bootloader.
- Introduction "What is an HSM?
- Advantages of using an HSM compared to purely software-based solutions
- Overview of the firmware veHSM, the provided features and cryptographic services
- Presentation of the interaction with the AUTOSAR basic software and a flash bootloader
- Security Engineers and Managers
- Software Engineers and Architects
- Software project manager
- Application developer