ASAP2 Tool-SetEasily Create and Edit ECU Description Files
- Beginning of the page
Generate and Edit A2L Files
An ASAP2 description file (A2L) is a prerequisite for using CCP and XCP as a measurement and calibration protocol. The ASAP2 Tool-Set is used to create and check such ECU description files. It consists of the ASAP2 Studio and six command line programs that you configure via initialization files. The ASAP2 Studio provides you with a convenient tool for creating and visualizing A2L files via a dialogguided user interface.
- Automatically generate ASAP2 files based on C code comments
- Update address, data type and structure information in an ASAP2 file
- Merge multiple ASAP2 files into a common file
- Comparison of two ASAP2 files and result documentation in different formats
- Checking ASAP2 files for syntactic and semantic errors
- Search filters enable targeted modification and optimization of ASAP2 files
- The Editor is the right solution for creating and visualizing standardized ECU description files.
- The ASAP2 Tool-Set offers comprehensive and convenient support for processing ECU description files in A2L format.
- The command line programs can be integrated into automated processes. Warnings and error messages are stored in a log file and the result is determined via the exit code.
- With the ASAP2 Studio, ECU description files are conveniently created, modified and updated through the dialog-guided user interface.
- All versions of the ASAP2 standard released by ASAM, including the current version 1.7.1, can be edited. The format of generated A2L files is configurable from 1.4.0 to 1.7.1
- By taking over address and structure information from linker MAP files, the creation of new database objects is greatly simplified. Most common MAP and debug formats are supported.
- Even non-standard A2L files can be read in due to the adjustable tolerance.
- The interface-specific parts of an A2L file are interpreted and processed based on the included meta language definition AML.
The Seven Programs of ASAP2 Tool-Set
Prerequisite for the use of the ASAP2 Creator is the insertion of special comments into the ECU code. ASAP2 information such as data type, conversion rules, min-max conditions, structures, arrays, etc. are defined via these comments.
The ASAP2 Updater reads an A2L source file, matches the information with entries from a linker MAP file, generates missing objects if needed, and creates a new A2L file.
The ASAP2 Merger merges multiple A2L fragments into a common A2L file. One of the source files must be set as master, the other source files are slaves. From the master file all information is taken over into the result file, from the slave files only the measurement and adjustment quantities, conversion rules, functions, groups and record layouts.
With ASAP2 Comparer you can quickly and easily compare two A2L files and generate documentation of the comparison result.
Not every A2L file meets the criteria of the standard. To ensure a high level of process reliability throughout the entire tool chain, an A2L file is checked for compliance with the standard and deviations are highlighted.
The ASAP2 Modifier enables the targeted, user-defined modification of A2L files. This includes filtering, anonymization, optimization and modification of object attributes, as well as import from foreign formats such as DBU, Excel and JSON.
With the ASAP2 Studio, A2L files can be visualized, created, modified and updated. By visualizing the contents of MAP and debug files, specific objects can be selected from them and integrated into the A2L file. The command line tools of the Tool-Set are integrated and can be configured and controlled via dialogs. The graphical user interface is sorted according to application areas and enables fast, convenient operation.
Special Functions of the ASAP2 Studio
- All information from an A2L file is visualized and can be entered and modified via dialogs.
- All command line tools of the ASAP2 Tool-Set are integrated and can be clearly configured and controlled via dialogs.
- Selective export of individual database objects and import of individual objects from other files are possible.
- Linker MAP and debug files can be loaded and visualized.
- New database objects can be generated quickly and easily from the linker MAP file.
Highlights Version 16.0
- The newly integrated Comparer in ASAP2 Studio allows efficient comparison of A2L files and visualization and filtering of differences.
- For documentation purposes, comparison results can be exported to various file formats
- With the new detail window for MAP symbols, the content of a MAP file can be visualized even better.
- ASAP2 Studio now supports import from DBU format for improved compatibility with older CANape versions.
- Improved update of structures allows quick and´easy adaptation of the A2L file when changes are made to the ECU code.
- Enhanced configuration options for the ASAP2 Merger allow more flexible merging of A2L fragments.
- Additional columns during Excel import facilitate data transfer from third-party formats.
Generating A2L Files
Learn more about description files for internal ECU parametersManual & automatic generation of A2L files
- Windows 10/8.1/7 (64-bit)
Supported compiler or map file formats:
- COFF, COFF/DWARF
- Greenhill Multi 2000
- IEEE (Tasking, Cosmic, Microtec)
- Microsoft (Standard VC8, VC++, VC8 C++, Extended and PDB)
- NEC CC78K/0 v35
- Texas Instruments TMS470
- UBROF Binary (IAR)
If you don't find your needed format, please contact us