Based on its many communication and IO interfaces, the universal ECU VC121-12 is the ideal solution for use in small series productions and for rapid development of functional samples. It is also well-suited for use in evaluation projects and test fleets. Vector’s AUTOSAR basic software MICROSAR is available in the VC121-12 also for Evaluation Purposes (see Tab “Evaluation Bundle”). It forms the basis for your application and contains supplemental hardware drivers that are not specified in AUTOSAR, such as for controlling output driver chips.
The VC121-12 is fully qualified for serial production in accordance with ISO 16750 / LV 124. That’s why the use in serial productions after evaluation is just a small step. To reduce costs for series production, it is possible to procure the ECUs with reduced PCB population.
Availability status: Series release
The right accessories will help you in development.
Breakout Box for VC121-12
The VCA0101 Breakout Box gives you easy access to all of the pins of the VC121-12:
- Measure and stimulate signals
- D-Sub9 connector for direct access to communication channels
- 4 mm laboratory sockets for all discrete channels
- Dimensions: 331 mm x 190 mm x 58 mm
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0101 in the user manual.
JTAG Adapter for VC121-12
The VCA0201 JTAG adapter is used to connect the VC121-12 to debuggers or programming hardware. The adapter is plugged onto the Nexus 38+ interface of the VC121-12 and offers the standardized 14-pin connector for a JTAG interface that is used as a counterpart.
- Easy to mount onto the VC121-12 by screw fastening
- Selectable reset options of the CPU – via debugger or System Base Chip (SBC)
- LEDs for monitoring the voltage supply including switch for deactivating the LEDs and reducing current consumption
- Push button for manual reset
- Dimensions: 40 mm x 35 mm x 18 mm
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0201 in the user manual.
Integrated Debugger for VC121-12
The integrated VCA0301 debugger enables debugging of the ECU software using the supplied winIDEA software from iSYSTEM. The VCA0301 is plugged directly onto the debug interface of the VC121-12 and establishes a JTAG connection to the microcontroller. The compact layout makes it possible to use the debugger in an enclosed ECU housing and offers a direct USB connection to a PC via a built-in socket on the outside of the ECU (VCA0602).
- JTAG connection to the microcontroller
- Easy to mount by screw fastening on the VC121-12
- Product includes a 12-month license for debugging the ECU software using winIDEA – the debugging and test software from iSYSTEM.
- Easy to connect the debugger over a Mini-USB interface
- Dimensions: 50 mm x 35 mm x 18 mm
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0301 in the user manual.
Connector Set for VC121-12
The VCA0401 is a fully featured connector set for build an individual wire harness for the VC121-12. It consists of:
- Connector body
- Crimp contacts
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0401 in the user manual.
Evaluation System for VC121-12
The VCA0501 is an evaluation system (EVS) with sensors and actuators, on which the VC121-12 is mounted. It is connected to the ECU via a wire harness and enables an easy-to-operate system for software evaluations:
- Evaluate standard software
- Ideal as teaching platform and for training new employees
- Execution platform for system presentations
- Practical work at universities
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0501 in the user manual.
Housing Variant for VC121-12 with Large Opening
The VCA0601 housing variant is available for the VC121-12 and gives you easy access to a wide variety of interfaces without having to constantly open the ECU housing. It enables easy connection of devices like the VCA0201 JTAG adapter or the integrated VCA0301 debugger to the microcontroller.
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0601 in the user manual.
Housing Variant for VC121-12 with USB Connection for Debugger
The VCA0602 housing variant is available for the VC121-12. The integrated Mini-USB socket gives you easy access to the VCA0301 debugger while the ECU is still fully protected.
You will find detailed notes of the VCA0602 in the user manual.
MICROSAR Basic Software for VC121-12 Evaluation Bundle
The Evaluation Bundle for the VC121-12 features a production quality MICROSAR 4.2.1 basic software perfectly suited for the ECU. Besides the required embedded software components and the operating system it contains software tools to configure the basic software as well as all drivers to control the interfaces of the ECU.