vCDMProfessional Calibration Data Management
- Beginning of the page
Professional Calibration Data Management with vCDM
vCDM is the database-supported platform for calibration teams. Work results are efficiently merged, and potential data conflicts are avoided or detected and resolved. All data changes are seamlessly tracked.
A large number of variants can be controlled by meta data, organization of dependencies, components, automatic calculation of parameter value and re-use of work packages. Datasets are consistent and have high data quality. Data mining and report functions improve the quality and efficiency of your processes.
Calibration data is graphically displayed and manually processed with the proven vCDMstudio editor as a powerful work environment for the calibrator.
From the ECU to the Cloud
You want to learn about the calibration data management possibilities with CANape? The built-it local dataset management helps to manage variant datasets and baselines. CANape Option vCDM extends these capabilities seamlessly to a central management that allows collaboration in teams and resolves conflicting changes. Finally vCDMcenter extends all by adding roles & rights, process control and variant concise variant management. Learn to the vCDM Server can effortlessly commissioned as cloud-based software-as-a-service solution.
The webinar is free of charge.
- Team efficiency: Avoid, detect and resolve data conflicts
- Traceability of all changes
- Flexibility of vCDM: All application domains and ECU architectures are supported: powertrain and chassis, AUTOSAR Classic and Adaptive, Tier1 and OEM, functional development and simulation
- The convenient vCDMstudio editor is part of vCDM and can also be used without the database for file-based tasks
- Domain-specific views visualize specific aspects of the calibration data in an easy to understand form (e.g. Function-Inhibit Editor for OBD)
- Modern, cloud-ready system architecture and support of globally distributed teams
- All operations are optimized for a large number of variants
Highlights Version 20
- Time savings by migration of calibration data to new software description (A2L)
- Control Parameter Value Rules by tracking their changes
- Improved management for hex-based datasets
- Create datasets for ML/SL Data Dictionaries
- vCDM Software-as-a-Service now based on Microsoft Azure
- Create rules to automate complex changes (Map 3x3 -> Map 4x5)
- Process all variant datasets and adapt work packages at once
- Review results in vCDMcenter or vCDMstudio
- Faster performance and reduced memory usage over previous versions
- Changes in rule sets are tracked and can be revoked
- Check result logs refer to the active ruleset version at execution time
- Approval for temporary rule exemption
- Support for Variant-Coding Services in CANdela CDD projects as datasets
- Edit / Copy / Compare for different Coding strings
- Server-based tracing of changes
- Support of export to CANoe Variant Coding Format
- vCDM Repository server for global data replication now included in base license
- vCDMweb – browser-based access to released calibrations
- Service notifications to users
- Hex-only Dataset Management (Release Management)
- Hex-Delivery options to support work split of OEM and ESP (Engineering Partners/External Calibration Teams)
- Improved Dataset Partitioning for Hex-less datasets
- Datasets from MATLAB Simulink Repositories
- Process separation for Option vCDM with new stand-alone program for parameter delivery by calibrators
- Vector Licensing with intranet activation (Customer license server)
- vCDM Software-as-a-Service based on Microsoft Azure
vCDM in "Software-as-a-Service" mode
Tight IT resources & limited budget
In contrast to software for measurement and calibration of ECUs, a data management solution is not a single-user based solution. Besides the user access to the PC, vCDM also consists of a server and the database. Like any business solution, vCDM requires the support of the IT department for operation and maintenance. Although the IT effort is low, major challenges in the department often arise in the competition for limited IT resources. In many cases, the result is time delays and additional, high internal costs. Small companies and departments therefore often decide not to use calibration data management – in spite of the technical advantages.
The need for data management frequently emerges from the technical requirements in a project. In the classic software license model, the procurement costs for a data management solution must be paid from the project budget or the purchase must be prepared for well in advance in the budget planning. For this reason, the frequently large inefficiencies resulting from manual data management are accepted because the purchase of a calibration data management solution is not practical.
Vector supports you in the use of vCDM by offering a new “Software-as-a-Service” offer. In this case, Vector provides the necessary infrastructure (hardware, software, and database) that you can subscribe to on a project-related basis. All procurement and maintenance costs are thus eliminated. All services for operation (data backup, database maintenance, and many more) are included in the subscription costs. The annual subscription costs also include one software update including data migration so that the latest product features can always be used. Vector Support is available to answer your technical questions.
Your department can thus use a CDM solution quickly without effort and simultaneously has full cost transparency.
A high level of data security is guaranteed through many security measures (encryption, client separation, ISO 27001). Selected globally distributed computing centers ensure fast response times.
This Software-as-a-Service offer is available starting with vCDM Version 5.8 and CANape Version 15.0.
- No internal expenses for installation, operation and maintenance of vCDM server and database by experts of Vector
- High level of data security through client separation and ISO 27001 certification
- All costs for operation and maintenance of the server components are included in the subscription fee
- Fast provision of total solution
- Scaling of the server components (small, medium, large) according to your requirements
- Competent technical support during Vector service hours
Scope of services:
- User access via the vCDM client application (subscription or purchase)
- Annual software update (as of the 13th month)
- Minimum scope: 1 year subscription, 5 users
- Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows 2016 WTS (32 bit or 64 bit)
Processor frequency: 3 GHz or higher
Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or more
Main memory: 2048 MB RAM free
Hard disk: 1 GB for the programs (vCDM, vCDMstudio, ASAP2 Studio combined) and minimum 1 GB for file cache size recommended
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important!
News & Events
In the Vector Calibration Data Management Workshop, you become familiar with the fundamentals necessary for working with vCDM. The focus here is on the calibration process in practice. The workshop also addresses other functions of vCDM that help you to simplify your work processes.