VN5650/VN5240Ethernet Interfaces for On-Board Applications
- Beginning of the page
VN5650/VN5240 - Ethernet Interfaces for On-Board Applications
The VN5650 is a powerful Ethernet interface supporting 100/1000BASE-T1 on 12 ports. It is suitable for synchronous monitoring of Ethernet networks with other bus systems. In addition, the VN5650 provides optimal network access for residual bus simulations and can be used for frame, load, and fault generation during tests. Thanks to its robust housing and the various mounting and stacking capabilities, the device is perfectly suited for use in vehicles. Ethernet (10GBASE-T) or USB 3.0 is used as the interface to the computer.
The VN5240 is an interface that has been specially designed for monitoring and analysis of Ethernet networks. For recording Ethernet data in the vehicle, the VN5240 is ideal in combination with the VP6400 smart logging platform. The interface is connected to the computer via Ethernet (10GBASE-T). The tapped data-streams can also be accessed very flexibly via up to three mirroring ports.
- Flexible configuration options, especially due to an intuitive hardware configuration concept
- Self-configuration at start-up
- The tapped data-streams can also be accessed very flexibly via up to three mirroring ports
- A robust housing with easy mount ability in the standardized 19-inch rack as well as for secure mounting in the vehicle
- Connection between connected ECUs is maintained even when the interface is unpowered
Prepared for the future of Automotive Ethernet
- Physical layer modules can be easily exchanged and extended
- Free software updates keep the interfaces always up to date
- The communication of connected nodes is monitored with precise time stamps. The data connection of connected nodes remains transparent through the interfaces.
- The data link between 100BASE-T1/1000BASE-T1 and 100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T Physical Layer.
Residual bus simulation (VN5650):
- Free configuration of the hardware allows flexible design of the remaining bus simulation with CANoe.Ethernet. The abstraction of the simulation from the network and the replication of topologies is supported.
Direct access (VN5650):
- Individual access to each port, e.g. for testing several identical systems on one test bench, for re-programming ECUs or for in-vehicle diagnostics.
Residual bus simulation
Ideally Suited for On-Board Usage
- Robust housing with various mounting possibilities
- Large tolerances regarding power supply and temperature
- Low power consumption in standby (2 mA)
- Configurable high-frequency Ethernet bypass relays to guarantee a closed TAP connection between two ECUs, even if the interface is not powered
Different cable solutions for adapting 100BASE-T1/1000BASE-T1 networks and different cables for the power supply are available (AC adapter, vehicle power plug,
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important FAQs for you.