- Beginning of the page
Vector Testing Day – Focus: ADAS | V2X
Latest new developments in software quality assurance and testing with a focus on ADAS and V2X.
A Short Review and a Big Thank You!
A day of pure information on software quality assurance and testing of ADAS and V2X system has successfully ended.
We would like to thank all participants and speakers from Germany and abroad for their technical expertise, challenging questions and valuable feedback!
The presentation documents for each lecture can be found below.
Should we Reuse Tests for Autonomous Vehicles?
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Alexander Pretschner, Technical University of Munich
Recorded journeys cannot normally be reused as tests for autonomous vehicles or ADAS! If minor changes of a system lead to the fact that "interesting" behaviors of the system are no longer provoked at all, for example the lane change of a vehicle, then it is unclear whether this test should really be performed. The following questions will be addressed in the lecture:
- What makes a test case "good"?
- What is the best methodology and technology for generating scenario-based test cases?
- What are the possibilities of clustering recorded journeys?
- How does one deal with the problem of meaningful end-of-test criteria?
Automated Parking – an Underestimated Use Case
Speaker: Philipp Eick, Expleo
- Following trajectories with centimeter precision while driving very slowly is hard work for vehicle control
- Highly variable environment as constant safety risk: traffic, pedestrians, animals, obstacles, weather, lighting
- Thousands of test scenarios call for virtualized testing
- No trivial task: complex vehicle dynamics simulation, consistent and precise 3D sensor simulation, direct sensor data injection, everything in realtime and ready for automation
- A productive solution: combination of Vector and Expleo tools in the test process of an OEM
- Bonus feature: training data for camera-based localization as “bycatch”
Car2x-Communication – Cities as Drivers of Innovation
Speaker: Simon Rittig, City of Stuttgart Civil Engineering Office – Signal Technology
This presentation provides insight into the innovation topic of Car2X from the perspective of an infrastructure operator.
Topics such as time, planning security and the question "which came first: the chicken or the egg?" are covered. It also shows what the digital traffic light looks like in practice and what is still to come in the future.