Navigation de page
- Début de la page
Developing and Testing Virtualized AUTOSAR Software
vVIRTUALtarget is software for virtualizing individual software components and fully configured ECUs for all typical AUTOSAR projects. It supports function and software developers, software integrators and test engineers throughout the entire ECU development process.
With vVIRTUALtarget you create virtual Systems Under Test (SUTs) for both AUTOSAR Classic and AUTOSAR Adaptive:
- AUTOSAR Classic has been the established standard for use in signal-based applications for many years.
- AUTOSAR Adaptive, on the other hand, concentrates on the service-oriented architecture as it will be increasingly used in future projects.
Both architectures complement each other and are used depending on the application.
- vVIRTUALtarget runs on all typical Windows PCs
- Runs software in real time or independently
- Setup and testing:
- ... of individual software components with abstracted basic software
- ... of the entire ECU software even without target hardware − from the application software to the AUTOSAR basic software to the hardware drivers
- Stimulation and monitoring of ECU-internal variables
- Modifying and simulation of configurations for realhardware
- Always consistent configurations of real and virtual hardware
- Easy coupling to other simulation and test tools
- Testing of individual software components or their interaction with the help of abstracted communication already in early phases of development
- Virtual integration of the application code and the basic software into an overall system
- Accompanying testing during design and implementation of the functional software
- Testing and verification of software integration on a virtual basis
- Verification of tests using virtual ECUs for further use on real ECUs
Highlights Version 5
- Support of the current standards AUTOSAR Adaptive and AUTOSAR Classic
- Alternatively, to execution in CANoe, independently executable SUT for integration in individual run-time environments
- Generation of SUTs for execution in Linux environments
vVIRTUALtarget "basic" and "pro" for AUTOSAR Applications
- AUTOSAR Classic is the standard that has been established for many years for use in primarily signal-based applications. vVIRTUALtarget supports you from the early stages of development and testing of software components through to the integration of complete ECUs, including the AUTOSAR basic software.
- AUTOSAR Adaptive on the other hand, focuses on the service-oriented architecture that will be increasingly used in future projects. vVIRTUALtarget allows you to conveniently develop your AUTOSAR Adaptive application on your familiar Windows operating system and test it with CANoe.
Both AUTOSAR architectures complement each other and are used in combination with vVIRTUALtarget basic or vVIRTUALtarget pro depending on the application:
|Development Phase||AUTOSAR Variant||Test Focus|
|Software Component||Classic||Virtual functional SWCs|
|ECU Integration||Classic||Virtual ECUs||✓||✓|
|Acces to open RTE ports + port monitoring ||−||✓|
Applications and configurations of the AUTOSAR Runtime for Adaptive applications (ARA) in a virtual environment
|System Integration||Classic + Adaptive||Complete system with virtual and real ECUs||✓||✓|
Development Workflow of AUTOSAR Classic ECUs with vVIRTUALtarget basic/pro
The basic and pro variants are used by software developers and integrators for virtual testing of functional software based on AUTOSAR 4 from first software components (SWCs) up to a real ECU ready for SOP.
In subsequent work steps, the virtual ECUs can be executed and tested in your test environment.
Phase 1: SWC Development
Development and testing of AUTOSAR Software Components (SWCs) in early development stages
Already in the design and development phases of AUTOSAR SWCs you can start testing your results with vVIRTUALtarget pro. This variant offers you the option of automatically connecting individual or multiple SWCs to an execution environment using their AUTOSAR interfaces. The typical behavior of an AUTOSAR base software is emulated by vVIRTUALtarget pro, so you do not have to worry about configuring base services.
However, vVIRTUALtarget pro also gives you the freedom to set typical services for controlling the management layer yourself. This can be, for example, the wake-up behavior of the ECU or the assignment of AUTOSART runnables to AUTOSAR tasks. This flexible approach allows you to fully concentrate on the actual application development and test implementation:
- i.e. stimulate the inputs of your software
- observe the reaction of the software at the outputs
Phase 2: ECU Integration
Development and testing of ECUs with basic software
In the next step, you test the application and the configuration of the entire ECU virtualized with vVIRTUALtarget basic or vVIRTUALtarget pro:
The DaVinci Configurator Pro tool, allows you to configure your basic software and reuse the non-hardware related element one-to-one for the virtual ECU. The hardware related parts are replaced for your virtual ECU. However, a reconfiguration or even a new configuration is not necessary, because the virtual elements are derived from the real parts. The result is a binary file that you can use in your PC execution environment, for example in CANoe. Your test interfaces are, here analog to real ECUs, the network messages and I/Os.
In addition, the vVIRTUALtarget pro variant offers you the possibility to:
- stimulate and observe AUTOSAR port interfaces that are not assigned to bus signals
- or to connected to other Software Components.
- In addition, it provides you the possibility to monitor closed port connections
The created virtual ECU can be tested alone, in combination with other virtual ECUs or in combination of real and virtual ECUs to test an entire system.
Start a Conversation
Are you interested in vVIRTUALtarget?
Then let’s talk!
Efficient Creation and Testing of Virtual AUTOSAR ECUs
Short overview of facts (PDF)
|Operation system||Windows 10 (starting with version 1803) 64 Bit|
|Processor||Intel Core i5|
|Intel Core 2 Duo|
|Memory (RAM)||16 GB||4 GB|
|Hard drive capacity||≥ 2,0 GB (depending on options used and necessary operating system components)|
|Screen resolution||Full HD||1280 x 1024|
Use this know how from our specialists:
|"Virtual Integration and Test of AUTOSAR Systems"|
Duration: 58 min.
You have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the some answers.
vVIRTUALtarget is available in these languages: