DaVinci Configurator ProConfigure, Validate and Generate AUTOSAR Basic Software
Navigation de page
- Début de la page
DaVinci Configurator Pro - Configuring AUTOSAR Basic Software
- Automatic parameterization of the BSW based on the OEM's system and diagnostic descriptions
- Specific configuration user interfaces for all areas of the BSW and the RTE
- Easy integration of third-party modules
- Validation of the configuration with troubleshooting tips
- Workflow support for a continuous integration of the ECU software
New Option Continuous Integration
The new option Continuous Integration (CI) extends DaVinci Configurator Pro with a standardized integration pipeline for application software components, allowing software developers a fast and standardized integration of changed or new functionality. This opens the possibility of early function testing on ECU targets. In the development process, the CI option reduces the blocking times caused by long integration intervals. Watch the video for more details.
Configuring the Basic Software and the RTE
- Customized and convenient user interfaces for all aspects of the basic software such as communication, NV memory, diagnostics and the runtime system
- Generic configuration editor (GCE) for a native view of parameters
- Automatic adjustment of dependent parameters during configuration
- Functions that assist in complex configuration tasks
Validating the Basic Software and the RTE
Generating the basic software and the RTE
This is an overview of the use cases and the required DaVinci products
Standard User Groups
Expert User Groups
Highlights Version 5.23
New Display of the Input File Analysis and Project Update Results
- Log view gives easy access to the messages of the input file workflow
- New: xml-based log-file available
Updated Dialog ‘Add ECUC File References’
- Fast selection of multiple entries
- Displays actions in the toolbar dependent on the selection
- Derive parameters from the OEM's system and diagnostic description files
- Write-protected display of derived parameters
- Correct errors in the system description by controlled overwriting of individual derived parameters
- Automatic updating of the configuration after changes to the system description
- Execution of scripts to modify the system description during project update
Execution of automation scripts to modify the ECU configuration
- Generate an HTML report, e.g. about parameters that deviate from the system description
- Switch the configuration phase for post-build loadable ECUs. This prevents prohibited changes to pre-compile parameters.
- Diff/Merge function for integrating different branches of a project
- Finely granulated storage of module configurations in separate files. This enables easy management with file-based configuration management systems.
AUTOSAR Network Explorer is integrated in DaVinci Configurator Pro for editing network descriptions in ARXML format.
- Define variants (Evaluated Variant Sets according to the AUTOSAR concept)
- Select the input file set per variant
- Create an overall configuration with all variants
- Interface filters for displaying a single variant
- Display the variance/invariance of individual parameters
Option Continuous Integration (CI) provides an integration pipeline for automatic integration of Application Software (ASW) packages, controlled by a Gradle-based build system.
ASW developers and integrators benefit from shorter integration cycles.
Provides App Packages for Automatic Integration
- ECU ASW can be divided in different app packages, depending on function or feature development scope
- For each app package, integration decisions can be frontloaded via formalized integration instructions
- Prepares baseline with root configuration
- Provides a DaVinci project as basis for automatic integration of app packages
- Root configuration includes BSW configuration and may also include already integrated SWCs, available to all app packages
Performs Efficient, Stable and Reproducible Asw Integrations Automatically
- Integration pipeline automatically maps one or many app packages on MICROSAR basic software
- Provides automatic workaround for issues that result from isolation of SWCs, e.g. missing init values
- Standard workflow supports build for vVIRTUALtarget pro and vVIRTUALtarget basic emulation and provides build system integration for hardware target
- Customization of different integration steps possible
- Same pipeline configuration can be used for local execution on user’s PC, and for central execution on a build server
- Debugging and re-execution of builds via back-in-time feature
- Integration pipeline executes only steps, which need to be executed
- Starting re-build of previous builds from any intermediate step allows fast re-build, even with modified input data
- Detailed breakdown with all steps and status messages as well as possibility to analyze the intermediate step results reduces finding times in case of failed builds
Use in Different Build System Set-Ups
- Integrating option CI into existing build system for automatization of ASW mapping and BSW configuration
- Using option CI as primary build routine and extending integration pipeline by own Gradle® build steps
- Use CI tools like Jenkins to run the integration pipeline in scheduled ways, or as reaction on user commits
- Applicable for all MICROSAR 4 projects (release 22 or later)
The integration pipeline is able to call various other Vector tools. To benefit from the full functionality of option CI, further tool licenses may be required.
Please see the DaVinci Configurator Pro system requirements for details.
Option RTE: Configuring the MICROSAR RTE
- Customized editors for integrating SWCs
- Assistance functions, e.g. to automatically link SWCs or to simplify task assignments of SWCs
Note: These functions are also enabled via a DaVinci Developer license. If you have a DaVinci Developer license, you do not need Option RTE for DaVinci Configurator Pro.
Option MD: Developing your own Modules
Option WF: Developing Workflow Scripts
Develop System Description Scripts (Python 2.7)
- Correction of input data at the level of System Description
- Automatic execution of scripts during project update
- Signature of the script files for execution with DaVinci Configurator Pro
Develop Automation Scripts (Groovy)
- Automation of various actions like editing of parameters, access to validation results or execution of solving actions
- Assistant for easy setup of script projects
- Debugging of scripts with tools like IntelliJ IDEA
Execution of script tasks via the user interface or via command line
- Note: The Option WF is only required for creation of scripts.
Execution of scripts is possible with DaVinci Configurator Pro even without Option WF.
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080||1600 x 900|
|Operating System||Windows 8.1, 10 (64 Bit)||Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)|
1 DaVinci Configurator Pro benefits from higher clock rates rather than higher number of cores.
System Requirements Option CI
Depending on the use case, the Integration Workflow has dependencies to external tools. The following table lists these dependencies together with the information for which use cases they are needed. Furthermore, a minimum supported version for each external tool is displayed in the table. The compatibility of the Workflow plugins with these versions is guaranteed. Lower versions could work nonetheless. Higher versions should work unless the external tool introduces API breaking changes. Please contact the Vector Support if you encounter problems with higher versions. Note that you should always use the latest service pack of each tool version.
|External Tool||Version||VTT I||VTT BSW E||REAL|
|DaVinci Configurator Pro||5.19||yes||yes||yes|
|DaVinci Developer *||4.4||yes||yes||yes|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||12.0||yes||yes||no|
* Installation necessary in the current version due to internal constraints. However, a license is not needed.
The following shortcuts were used for the workflow use cases:
|VTT Integration||VTT I|
|VTT BSW Emulation|
VTT BSW E
The DaVinci External Components Package as a necessary prerequisite for the DaVinci tools has not been listed separately. Iron Python is bundled within the DaVinci External Components and is needed for the VTT use cases.
For configuring the MICROSAR basic software modules you need a compatible version of the DaVinci Configurator Pro. You can download compatibility matrices in the Vector KnowledgeBase.
News / Events
Do you want to know more about the basics of AUTOSAR and the AUTOSAR basic software and tools? Vector offers a 1-5-day modular AUTOSAR workshop. This deals with AUTOSAR 4 and AUTOSAR 3 alternately. According to the booked module...
- you get to know the AUTOSAR methodology
- you gain insights in all major subject areas of the ECU development
- you get to know the specifics of some vehicle manufacturers
- MICROSAR safe is presented - the Vector solution for safety-related ECUs according to ISO 26262.
Learn the details of each module in the training portal.