BASELABS Create EmbeddedAdvanced Sensor Fusion Development
Navigation de page
- Début de la page
Sensor Fusion Development for Automated Driving Functions
BASELABS Create Embedded is a software solution for the fast and efficient development of sensor data fusion systems for automated driving functions in embedded systems. Its embedded library contains fusion algorithms that combine data from radar, camera and LiDAR sensors. The resulting object fusion provides a uniform object list of the vehicle environment. BASELABS Create Embedded makes it possible for the first time to take over the developed sensor data fusion directly for production ECUs.
- Building blocks for the development of sensor fusion systems
- Consistent solution for all development stages
- Ready for series production
- Developed according to Automotive SPICE
- Complies with ISO 26262 (ASIL B), confirmed by exida
- Fully documented development process: consistent, traceable and verified
- Complete test coverage and code verification
- Optimized workflow with the middleware Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Fully compatible with AUTOSAR Classic and Adaptive
- Supports all relevant automotive sensors like radar, camera and LiDAR
- Scalable from radar-camera front fusion up to 360° object fusion using multiple radars, cameras and LiDAR sensors
- MISRA C:2012 compliant source code available for all embedded hardware platforms
- Graphical configuration
- Easy adaption of data fusion applications to different sensor setups or types
Sensor Fusion Know-How
How To Combine a Smart Camera With a Detection-Only Radar Sensor?
Smart cameras are widely considered a standard solution when developing a perception system for ADAS. Watch the video to learn how to improve the overall perception performance by combining the camera with an additional radar sensor that provides independent detections.
BASELABS Create Embedded offers dynamic object fusion for SAE level 1-3:
- Automated Emergency Braking (AEB)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Highway Pilot.
From Pre-Development to Series Production
BASELABS Create Embedded makes implementing sensor data fusion systems much faster and more efficient. The resulting C-source code can be used along the entire development chain - from pre-development through embedded prototyping to the ECU for series production. The powerful software enables the safety-compliant development of sensor fusions, including documentation and testing of safety-related use cases. This drastically reduces the development effort.
Data Fusion Designer and Generator
With the data fusion designer, radar, camera and LiDAR sensors of a vehicle setup are configured, customized and parameterized. A specific object fusion system is generated from this configuration.
Sensor Fusion Reference Architecture
The integrated reference architecture for object fusion allows for building data fusion applications ranging from two sensor systems to large 360° setups with many sensors. The architecture can be customized and extended.
Sensor Fusion Library for Embedded Systems
The integrated sensor fusion library contains algorithms to build custom object fusion systems such as:
- Numerically stable Kalman filters
- Data association methods
- Sensor models
- Existence probability handling
- Track management algorithms
The C source code of the library is fully accessible and ready for embedded platforms:
- Compatible with common embedded platforms such as Aurix 2G and ARM Cortex-A72
- Low CPU and memory consumption
- Customizable and extensible
- Readable code comparable to manual implementation
- MISRA C:2012 compliant
- No dependencies to external libraries