Navegación de páginas
- Al principio de la página
The Smart Solution for Charging Communication
vSECClib (Supply Equipment Communication Controller Library) is a product family of software libraries for smart charging stations. The family includes different software stacks, that are not depending on each other and can be integrated into your charging station controller individually. The libraries cover the high-level communication between the charging station, the electric vehicle, the back end and the power electronics. Therefore, they support the rapid development of smart AC or DC charging stations.
Simplified development of communication software for charging stations
- ISO, DIN and OCPP interfaces ready for implementation
Mature software component with high reliability
Reduced time to market
- Standard compliant communication between the charging station, the vehicle, the power electronics and the back end
Hardware independent C/C++ libraries, compatible with all Linux-based systems
Regular updates to meet standards under development
Start a Conversation
Are you interested in the simplified development of communication software for charging stations? Then let’s talk!
E-Mobility Infrastructure Expert
Helping to simplify the development and operation of charging infrastructure.
Code Preview and Evaluation
The First Impression Counts
Experience the high quality and reliability of our software first-hand: In a code preview session, you will get an insight into our source code and can discuss detailed questions. To get a better understanding of the project structure and the configuration of the vSECClib.CCS, we offer a preview package that also includes the Doxygen documentation of all APIs you can use, the C and C++ Callout API and the Linux demo application. If you want to dive deeper, we offer an evaluation license for each vSECClib that includes the full functionality of the libraries to test and revise our high code efficiency.
Choose Your Charging Station Controller Library
Developers are equipped with several embedded software components. The libraries ensure the easy and standard compliant implementation of communication functions in the charging station controller.
Vector offers the following independent libraries that can be integrated separately into your controller:
Grow as You Like With Our License Model
vSECClib is suitable for all project sizes. If you are still in the early stages of development, we offer a limited license for small production quantities. If you started with the series production, simply upgrade to the unlimited license, which allows you to include our software stacks in your product line and sell it worldwide, with no validity period restriction.
The maintenance package provides you with full support and software updates. Since our developers are actively participating in the standardization of the communication protocols (OCPP, IEC 63110, ISO 15118), you will be among the first to receive the updates.
Don't worry about charging communication, vSECClib.CCS has you covered. vSECClib.CCS is a smart charging software stack for AC and DC charging. The library takes over the high-level communication between the charging station and the electric vehicle according to ISO 15118-2/-3, ISO 15118‑20 and DIN SPEC 70121. vSECClib.CCS is delivered with a V2G and a SLAC state machine, that take over and verify the message sequences in the charging process. Therefore message and timeout handling and most of the sequence control is taken off your hands.
- .PNC - Plug and Charge, including signature generation and validation services
- .BPT - Bidirectional Power Transfer prototype, according to ISO 15118‑20
- .ACD - Automated Connecting Device, planned with the further implementation of ISO 15118‑20
- Future-proof software architecture in preparation for future standardization developments
- Developer-friendly logic, error handling and debugging functions
- Excellent stability and AUTOSAR compatibility
- Supports various PLC Chips (e.g. Qualcomm, VertexCom) to ensure hardware independence
- One step ahead of the market with ISO 15118-20 implementation
The CCS software stack consists of different modules, each of which is assembled according to the charging specifications selected by the customer. Depending on the charging method (AC/DC) and the authorization method [EIM (External Identification Means) or PnC (Plug and Charge)] and whether bidirectional charging is requested, the product will be configured per product line.
Our hardware-independent software will be delivered as a C-project, with a wrapper for C++ projects, which gives you the flexibility to use Linux, AUTOSAR and RTOS platforms. You will not only receive the source code, but also a so-called demo application that serves as a reference on how to develop your own application with the platform-specific socket implementation. To ease the integration process, a detailed Doxygen documentation can be generated from the code. Since TLS and certificate checking is already included in the demo application, developing your own application should be a piece of cake!
ISO 15118-20 Implementation
One Step Ahead In Your Development
We have already implemented ISO 15118‑20 in vSECClib.CCS, so you will benefit from numerous advantages!
- Access new market segments through bidirectional charging (BPT)
- Charge control solely by the charging station with dynamic control mode (e.g. for grid-serving charging)
- Parallelization of messages through multiplexed communication (e.g. to prevent contactors from opening during renegotiation, resulting in less wear and tear)
- Improved error handling
- Multi-contract handling for multiple contract certificates
- Increased data security with TLS mandatory for all use cases
We are currently working on the further implementation of ISO 15118‑20 which will include an extension of the current scope related to Wireless Power Transfer (WPT) (prototype available ISO 15118‑20 DIS) and Automated Connection Device (ACD).
With vSECClib.P your charging station controller is prepared for pantograph charging. The library is ideal for control units designed for high power opportunity and depot charging for example for electric busses. For the Panto-Down use case, the communication is established via a wireless access point. As a result, no user interaction is required to charge.
- .UP (ISO 15118: Panto-Up)
- .DWN (OppCharge: Panto-Down)
The .WPT library is a smart charging software stack for controlling the wireless power transfer between a vehicle and a charging pad. The library simplifies the implementation of inductive charging as defined in ISO 15118‑20 DIS (2018). A Linux demo application is included in the delivery. Moreover, the stack is AUTOSAR and RTOS compatible.
vSECClib.OCPP is a smart charging software stack for the backend communication. It performs the message handling between the charging station and the backend and supports the full OCPP 2.0.1 and OCPP 1.6J message set. The library enables the automated message handling including protocol-specific requirements and restrictions.
- Full support of the latest OCPP version 2.0.1. and also OCPP 1.6J message set
- Easy to use interface for complex OCPP use cases
- Full device model implementation with easy access
- Autonomous monitoring of variables in a charging station (e.g. temperature)
- Error handling and JSON schema validation
- High efficiency and portability due to C++ implementation
- Includes the business logic for ISO 15118 Plug and Charge
Fit for the Future with Plug and Charge
vSECClib.OCPP already provides you with Plug and Charge functionality! With the library it is possible to authorize electric vehicles using contract certificates. The library supports both the installation and update of EV certificates. Furthermore, the OCPP software stack supports the validity check of charging station certificates and allows the CSMS to request the installed certificates.
Advantages Compared to Previous Versions
Benefit from numerous advantages of OCPP 2.0.1 with our vSECClib.OCPP!
The universal application protocol OCPP standardizes the communication between EV charging stations and the central management system. The standard was defined to ensure interoperability between charging stations and management systems and has been further developed over the years. More and more charge point operators benefit from charging station management. However, the previous version OCPP 1.6J has evolved into a stack of vendor-specific extensions, strongly limiting the interoperability and innovation speed within the industry. OCPP 2.0.1 solves this issue by offering a solid foundation for everybody based on new features inspired by experiences in the field.
With our vSECClib.OCPP, you are already up to date and gain numerous advantages:
- Easy configuration and monitoring of each component and variable in the charging station with the “Device Model”, which can be understood as a digital twin of the charging station
- No vender-specific extensions, resulting in increased interoperability between charging station manufacturers and backend providers
- Enhanced (cyber) security with TLS support, enabling secure data exchange
- Smart charging functionality supporting ISO 15118 Plug and Charge, charging schedules and latency-critical load management
- Broad choice of authorization type possibilities
- Customer-friendly ways for driver interaction, tariff or cost information, advertisements or even personal messages on displays
- Implementation of ISO 15118 Plug and Charge business logic in extended interface
- Extension of library to OCPP 1.6J
- Initial implementation of ISO 15118-20 DC charging including Bidirectional Power Transfer (BPT)
- Support of PLC Chips from Qualcomm and VertexCom
Additions to the vSECClib Family
A .PEP library for the power electronics communication will be available soon. The software stack controls and monitors the energy transfer of the power electronics for charging the electric vehicle. The communication will be based on WebSocket or CAN. We provide you with a detailed specification of the Power Electronics Protocol (PEP) to support an easy implementation.