Diagnostics | FlashingCase Study
Navegación de páginas
- Al principio de la página
Diagnostics & Flashing
Indigo – Maximum Efficiency in the Diagnostic Testing Process at MAN Truck & Bus
Increase efficiency throughout integration test and in vehicle testing. MAN-Indigo – a complete engineering tool with individual functionality.
MAN Truck & Bus
MAN is a strong brand of the Traton Group, a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, and is one of the world's leading commercial vehicle manufacturers. In addition to city buses, rural buses and coaches, MAN produces trucks for distribution and long-distance transport as well as for use on construction sites. MAN's new TGX heavy-duty series has been awarded "International Truck of the Year 2021" by a jury of 24 journalists.
Increase efficiency throughout integration test and in vehicle testing.
For the development and testing of the TGX truck with its up to 60 ECUs and several thousand variant combinations, it was important for MAN to use an efficient diagnostic tester. This tester had to support the engineers at an early stage - even before the availability of the appropriate diagnostic data (ODX) - with many special functions. In addition, systematic and automated parameterization of the test objects should be possible.
MAN-Indigo – a complete engineering tool with individual functionality.
With Indigo, MAN has succeeded in testing much more efficiently than before in the TGX integration tests and in vehicle testing. For this purpose, Vector has adapted the Indigo diagnostic tester so that it can be configured with MAN-specific process data instead of classic description data (ODX) and also implements many individual functions.
MAN says, "Indigo has as standard a wide range of functions and was therefore the ideal basis for the development tester that was needed so quickly."
Indigo has thus become MAN's generic diagnostic tester including the MAN logo in the user interface, which can be used wherever standard production/after-sales testers cannot yet be used.
Over 150 users at MAN use Indigo – in some cases without specific diagnostic knowledge – and benefit from its many advantages:
- Great flexibility for testing: Configured with MAN process data, the Indigo user refits the individual ECUs for test purposes – even with parameter combinations that are not permitted as standard for the test purpose.
- Enormous time savings: When reparameterizing a test vehicle, Indigo is able to skip time-consuming safety checks that are needed in the production and after-sales testers. A complete test vehicle is thus reparameterized many times faster than with the after-sales tester.
- Process simplification: Indigo documents retrofits and test results in conformity with MAN processes and transfers them to MAN process tools for further tracking.
- Early validation of flash containers: As soon as the standard ODX data is available, the test-rigs and -vehicles are being programmed with Indigo on the basis of the ODX-F container. This allows the data to be validated at an early stage.
- Acceleration of the final start-up of the test vehicles by a factor of 4: MAN Indigo automates diagnostic tasks, e.g. connecting the central ECU to the engine/transmission, which significantly accelerates the final start-up.
- Standard functionality still available: In addition to MAN-specific features, Indigo's standard product functionality based on CDD/ODX diagnostic data is also available to users.
Start a Conversation
Are you interested in easy diagnostic testing with Indigo or would you like to try out Indigo? Then let’s talk!
Helping to simplify vehicle diagnostic testing.