For the development of the AUTOSAR basic software, Vector is considering the different customer requirements with maximal reuse of software components. The product line approach takes requirements from all customers into account the same time focusing on highest functionality and quality. This process is constantly being developed and improved systematically.
The process was evaluated in June 2014 by Kugler Maag CIE GmbH regarding conformity to the Automotive Spice capability Level 3. The evaluated process areas match the HIS scope without regard to the system level; this means that they cover all areas which are relevant for pure software projects.
All process areas within the HIS scope were assessed with Automotive SPICE Capability Level 3. The results verified the high value that Vector places in the development quality of its products.
Specific strengths of the development process are:
- High degree of standardization and automation by optimized tool support
- Universal tool support in engineering processes (ENG)
- Clearly defined responsibilities and agile process elements which enable quick reactions to changes in requirements
- Clear assignment of responsibilities to defined roles
- Ongoing development of processes and related tool support
In attaining SPICE Capability Level 3 once again, the process for developing AUTOSAR basic software is well equipped to meet future requirements. This verified high process quality is also an excellent foundation for developments related to the ISO 26262 safety standard.