Squore/Software AnalyticsActionable Intelligence for Software Project Quality and Performance
Squore/Software Analytics for Software Project Quality and Performance
The better the information, the better the decisions: Squore provides smart and automated data processing enabling software teams to optimize their project management.
Squore delivers four Key insights to conduct successful projects:
- Overall rating
- Trend analysis
- Projects portfolio comparison
- Ready to use KPIs built on extensive experience with major industrial companies
- Continuous assessment with real-time dashboard
- Increased confidence on deliveries
- Improved reliability via early defect detection
- Reduced code review costs
- Lower maintenance costs via control of technical debt
- Broadcast of best practices and better process maturity
- Enhanced collaboration within project teams
Highlights of Squore/Analytics
Holistic View on Projects, in Real-Time
All along project lifecycle, Squore/Software Analytics automatically collects and aggregates with its own results the measures from the various tools already in use in your environment, in order to provide an overall and historical insight on software products and processes.
- Results from Squore embedded source code analyzers: Complexity measures, rule checking, clone detection.
- Results from third-party tools: Rule checking, test coverage, change requests, configuration management and requirements management tools.
Ready to Use Indicators
CODE CLONING: This indicator evaluates and tracks cloning by detecting duplicated code at source code level, and takes duplication in the control flow on an algorithmic level.
COVERAGE COMPLIANCE: Coverage conformity measures test coverage compliance with usual industrial thresholds, or with your own project thresholds. Coupled with complexity, stability and criticity factors, this indicator is used to produce optimized test plans.
COMPLEXITY: Calculation method depends on the object analyzed. Regarding source code, components intrinsic complexity and distribution are taken into account. Whereas for requirements, complexity is computed from data produced by semantical analysis and rigorous writing rule-checking tools.
RULE COMPLIANCE: Compliance indicator with a set of rules or practices rates the adequacy with standards, be they international (ISO), industrial (HIS, SPICE …) or specific to each company.
VIOLATIONS DENSITY: Violations density allows to highlight components with the highest non-compliance rate in respect of a standard, by basic unit (number of lines of code for source code, number of sentences for requirements).
COMPLETION RATE: Completion rate indicates the achievement of a compliance status. The notation of compliance is adapted according the type of object: for example, a requirement is considered as compliant when it reaches a state where all its components are successfully achieved.
TEST EFFECTIVENESS: This KPI is based on the ratio of Passed Tests. It is available for test artifacts and for associated source code artifacts in case the traceability between Test and Source Code is available.
MATURITY INDEX: Maturity index indicates project progress. It provides a quick insight on the current state of the project, and its temporal follow-up brings precious information, including early warnings generation.
SELF-DESCRIPTIVENESS: Self-descriptiveness indicator measures the ease of understanding of a component. It is based on the detection and measure of associated comments.
INNOVATION RATE: This indicator is specific to change requests, and measures the rate of evolution requests versus bug reports. In order to be representative and exploitable, its calculation integrates a temporal dimension.
Interactive Dashboards and Automated Report Generation
From executive manager to developer, from customer to supplier, each user benefits from dedicated actionable quality indicators.
- Role-based dashboard for a personalized broadcasting of indicators
- Advanced User Experience: double data drill-down and powerful filtering features
- Report generation in PDF and PPT formats from customizable templates
- Secure Web interface
- A mobile application for permanent access to key information
Beyond Simple Visualization, Generation of Optimized Action Plans
Squore generates action plans to help users make optimized and informed decisions.
- Automated generation of action plans
- Adaptable pre-defined criteria
- Export features towards change management system and developers backlog
Languages and Standards
Embedded Code analyzers
Squore includes native source code analyzers for several languages:
Squore analytics and monitoring features help organizations to reach compliance with major industrial standards and methods:
- Software and systems engineering: ISO/IEC 25000, ISO/IEC 14598
- Software quality and Technical debt: ISO/IEC 9126, SQuaRE, SQALE
- Aerospace: ECSS-E-40A, ECSS-Q-HB-80-04A, DO-178B and DO-178C
- Automotive: HIS, MISRA, ISO 26262
- Electronics: IEC 61508
- Railway: EN 50128
Supported Methods and Processes
- V-model, Waterfall model, Agile methods (Scrum,...)
- CMMI, SPICE