CANdb++Managing Network and Communication Data with CANdb++
Navegação na página
- Início da página
The Design Environment for CAN / CAN FD Networks
A key component in the development of CAN/CAN FD networks is the communication description in the form of DBC files. It serves as the foundation for all other development steps such as
► simulation and analysis of bus communications,
► configuration of the ECU/LRU software and detailed ECU/LRU tests.
The DBC databases describe the properties of the CAN/CAN FD network, the ECUs/LRUs connected to the bus and the messages and signals.
CANdb++ Admin – with extended support of the protocols J1939/ISO11783 as well as J1708/J1587 and ARINC 429 – gives users the capabilities needed to visualize the DBC databases, create new databases or modify data in existing databases.
- The functionality specifically tailored for J1939/ISO11783, J1708/J1587 and ARINC 429 bus systems as well as the integration of the database into the Vector tool chain for J1939 makes CANdb++ Admin an important tool for developers of communication networks and suppliers of components.
- CANdb++ Admin offers functions to draw up communication matrices for complete vehicles as well as for aircrafts and it enables, among other things the exposition of the signal routing via gateways and timing analysis for estimating the run-time behavior of networks.
- In addition, the CANdb++ data model can be customized via additional attributes to suit various requirements.
Design of communication matrices:
- Definition of communication objects for ECUs/LRUs and for networks in vehicles and aircrafts
- Analysis of the networks with respect to the expected time behavior (bus load, transmission times, etc.)
- Specialized, user-oriented views of the communication data
- Specification of send and receive relationships with the necessary attributes (send behavior, cycle time, receive timeouts)
Use of data in the development process for distributed systems:
- Exporting data subsets of a network or ECU/LRU for transfer to a supplier
- Complete support of the Vector DBC format as a de facto standard for describing communication data
Set up your own databases
Various views (e.g. network, ECU/LRU, signal) to display and process the data
Comparison (difference display) and merge of databases
Import and export opportunities (DBC, XML, CSV format) for transmitting communication data to suppliers and project partners
Ensure the integrity of communication through comprehensive consistency tests
- Definition of communication objects (e.g. messages, signals, network participants) as well as relationships between objects (send nodes of messages, reception signals of network nodes)
- Management of several networks in a single database
- Any number of assignment attributes (e.g. vehicle, aircraft, serial deadline, timeouts) can be defined by the user