CANapeMeasuring, Calibrating and Logging of ECUs and ADAS Sensors
Navegação na página
- Início da página
ECU Calibration with CANape
CANape's primary area of application is optimal parameterization (calibration) of ECUs. While the measurement is running, you change parameters and record signals at the same time. Communication between CANape and the ECUs takes place via protocols such as XCP or via microcontroller-specific interfaces with the VX1000 hardware. In addition, CANape supports various ADAS sensors such as radar, LIDAR and video. Combined with powerful hardware, CANape is capable of storing several gigabytes of data per second. Calibration data management and convenient measurement data evaluation including data management and reporting make CANape a complete tool for ECU calibration. Of course, CANape provides access to bus, diagnostic and analog measurement data.
- Universally applicable platform through use of standards and open interfaces
- Time-synchronous acquisition and recording of measurement data from a wide variety of sources, such as ECUs, vehicle buses, ADAS sensors, analog measurement technology, etc.
- Process-safe logging solution through interaction with CANape log
- Automated measurement data evaluation through data mining locally on the hard disk and in the measurement data management system vMDM in the cloud
- Conveniently adjust and save parameters and manage them locally on your own PC. Or transfer directly to the server- or cloud-based vCDM calibration data management system.
- High-performance connection to ECUs and sensors (radar, LIDAR, video ...) with highest measurement data rates via the VX1000 product family or Automotive Ethernet
- Convenient integration of analog measurement technology with high sampling rates (e.g. high-voltage measurements at the inverter with 1MHz sampling rate)
- High-precision calculation of e.g. power values of the electric drive with the functions of the eMobilityAnalyzer library during the measurement or based on measurement data
- Extensive coupling to Matlab/Simulink
- Rapid prototyping platform as an efficient runtime environment for code and models
- Open interfaces for third-party hardware integration
- Integrated programming language for calculations and automation of CANape
Application Area Measurement & Calibration
The characteristic values are displayed either alphanumerically or graphically. Freely definable panels allow an individual user interface for the display and adjustment of characteristic values. The characteristic value adjustment offers the following functionality:
- You adjust characteristic values either online in the ECU's memory or offline in CANape's "mirror memory". The offline mode allows you to preprocess or postprocess ECU parameters without being connected to the ECU.
- Parameter adjustment in parallel with measurement data acquisition
- All parameters of an ECU can be calibrated in a single window, the Parameter Explorer
- Structures with parameters can be viewed holistically in the Parameter Explorer
- Flashing of code and/or data
- A parameter set with the parameter values valid at the time of measurement can be generated from the measurement file
- Parameter sets can be combined to form new versions and the data can be fed back into software development via C, H or MATLAB M files.
- Parameter set files are managed in vCDMStudio
- Parameter set files can be loaded and visualized and edited in adjustment windows. Thus also mass operations on parameter set files are possible.
Measurement Data Acquisition
CANape uses the CCP and XCP measurement and calibration protocols to acquire ECU-internal measurement variables synchronously with ECU processes. ECU measurement data is recorded synchronously in time with the other measurement data and displayed in a wide variety of ways. Use several independent recorders in parallel to record measurement data.
- Record time-synchronous data from ECUs, ADAS sensors (video, radar, lidar, ..), bus systems, analog measurement variables, and much more
- Unlimited measurement files thanks to the ASAM measurement data format MDF 4.x
- Maximize data transfer from ECUs through optimized DAQ lists
- Analyze bus communication in the trace window
- Calculate additional quantities during the measurement, such as the electrical power in the inverter
- Minimize the amount of data through sophisticated trigger options with pre- and post-trigger times
- Various window types and user-definable panels are available for graphical display
Supported Hardware Interfaces and Protocols
- Bus monitoring of CAN, CAN FD, Automotive Ethernet, SOME/IP, FlexRay, LIN, SAE J1939, GMLAN and CANopen
- XCP on CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay, Automotive Ethernet, Ethernet, RS232
- Fast controller interfaces such as JTAG, DAP, LFAST, RTP/DMM, Nexus AUX, AURORA etc. via the VX1000 measurement and calibration hardware
- Fast processor interface with PCIe via VX1000
- Interfaces for video sensors
- DoIP (Diagnostics over Internet Protocol, ISO 13400)
- ISO 14230 (KWP2000 on CAN) and ISO 14229 (UDS), transport protocols ISO/TF2 and VW-TP2.0
- ISO 14229 (UDS) via FlexRay with the ISO transport protocol as well as the transport protocols "AUTOSAR" and "BMW" on request
- KWP2000 on K-Line
If the possibilities of XCP in the ECU are no longer sufficient, the VX1000 product family is used. For high data throughput with minimal or no runtime influence on the ECU, data is accessed via microcontroller-specific data trace and debug interfaces. The VX1000 base module is connected to the PC via XCP on Ethernet. The VX1000 measurement hardware is connected to the controller via a POD (Plug-On Device). This allows you to acquire all data even from very powerful ECUs and ADAS sensors, such as radar or video. In the vehicle, on the test bench or in the laboratory.
The following additional ECU interface manufacturers are supported:
- Yokogawa's measurement solution RAMScope via AUD interface.
- ETAS XCP-on-Ethernet interface for vehicle ECUs FETK and XETK
Bus-Based Measurement Technology
Vector hardware products give you access to all typical bus systems: CAN, CAN FD, FlexRay, LIN, Automotive Ethernet and Ethernet. Messages that comply with an automotive-typical standard (e.g. described by arxml, Fibex or DBC) are directly supported. If you use your own protocols, e.g. via Ethernet, these can be included via a separate driver.
Autonomous Data Logging
CANape is used extensively for in-vehicle test drives. So what could be more obvious to use a data logger based on CANape?
The following measurement systems can be integrated into CANape:
- Vector I/O solutions
- All CSM measurement modules: CAN and Ethernet Mini modules as well as high-voltage modules
- All measurement data acquisition devices connected to the PC via the CAN bus, e.g. Devices from IMC or IPETRONIK
- ETAS measuring module series ES400 and ES600 - ES650
- NI-DAQmx analog and digital measuring cards from National Instruments
- ADwin systems from Jäger Computer-controlled measurement technology
- QuantumX and SoMat eDAQ from HBM
- Mx-SENS 8 via XCP on Ethernet from IPETRONIK
An open interface is available for the integration of further measuring systems: The DAIO interface (digital/analog IO) for high-performance measurement solutions. You can develop the necessary drivers yourself. We support you with a development kit, sample code, documentation as well as services.
Measure and Calibrate According to ASAM MCD3
CANape's automation interface provides functions that enable symbolic access to bus and ECU data. The positive effect is significant time and cost savings for potential application programs. Every client application has access to the vehicle bus systems and protocols via the interfaces. This allows you to integrate CANape into test bench applications. But also control it via Excel, MATLAB, Visual Basic programs and many more.
CANape supports the following standards:
- ASAM interfaces ASAP3
- ASAM MCD 3MC
In addition, the following CANape-specific interfaces are available:
- CANape API / CANape TCP
- CANape COM
- Matlab MCD3 (coupling of Matlab and CANape)
Application Area ADAS / AD
Acquiring, Recording, Visualizing ADAS Data - One Solution for All Sensor Manufacturers
For the development of ADAS / AD solutions, CANape is a central component of the tool chain. CANape with the "Driver Assistance" option is the universal logging solution for all sensors from a wide variety of manufacturers and other data streams in the vehicle. It visualizes and verifies detected objects, supplements measurement data with meta-information and much more. Thanks to an open interface in CANape, integration of additional sensors and components is possible in almost any way.
The sensors are physically connected via the VX1000 product family or via Ethernet with the VN products.
An automotive-grade computer serves as the platform for use in the vehicle. CANape log" is a high-performance logger. Hardware and software are optimally matched to each other. Visualize and verify the detected objects in CANape or vSignalyzer.
|Radar||Numerous radar sensors from automotive suppliers are supported, but may not be listed here for naming rights reasons.|
|Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)|
The sensor type you are looking for was not listed? Please contact us
Application Area Diagnostic & Flashing
You access diagnostic data and services symbolically with CANape. The description files can be either in ODX format or in Vector-specific CDD format.
As a diagnostic tester, CANape offers the following functions:
- Selection, parameterization and execution of diagnostic functions in the Diagnostics Console
- Window for displaying and editing the error memory, symbolic display of DTCs and environmental data
- Integrated access to measurement, adjustment and diagnostic data, e.g. with visualization of fault memory entries in the graphics window
- Analysis of all aspects of diagnostic communication in the Trace window: messages, transport protocol data, protocol data and diagnostic data
- Address-oriented access to A2L-defined ECU data via diagnostic functions
- Visualization of the chronological sequence of diagnostic functions
- Scripts for automation of diagnostic sequences
- Easy-to-use automation interface for executing diagnostic services
- Access to OBD data with specific display in OBD window
Flashing of new program versions is possible via XCP and CCP as well as via diagnostic protocols.
Flashing via XCP or CCP
Your driver in the ECU must support flashing for this.
Flashing via diagnostic protocols
Flash reliably via existing vFlash projects that exactly match your flash bootloader in the ECU. In CANape you can conveniently select the vFlash project.
Flashing via VX1000
If your ECU is connected to CANape via the VX1000 product family, flashing is also performed via this family. Some Braindead ECUs can also be flashed.
Testing of Security-Protected ECUs and Networks
Security mechanisms in the ECU secure the vehicle and its functions against manipulation and unauthorized access. However, for testing and diagnostic purposes, it must be possible for an authorized individual to participate in vehicle communication during development and later operation.
With the Security Manager, Vector offers a uniform solution that is used identically for many Vector tools. In addition to CANape also CANalyzer, CANoe, vFlash, Indigo and CANoe.DiVa use the Security Manager.
- Diagnostics: Authentication
- Diagnostics: Variant Coding
Application Area Data Analysis
Data Analysis and Data Mining
CANape offers you a wide range of options for convenient manual and automated processing and evaluation of data from past measurements:
Automated Evaluation of Measurement Files
- Arithmetic evaluations via the integrated CASL programming language, with delivered function libraries, C/C++-based functions in DLLs that you have either created manually or come from the Simulink model environment
- Convenient searching and analysis of large data sets via the data mining user interface
- Convenient linking of search conditions enables efficient description and execution of complex analyses
- Signal display over time or in XY representation
- Enrich measurement data with additional metadata
- Customizable print templates are available for your reporting Import and export of different measurement file formats
- Export sequences from measurement files with synchronous video editing
- Easy handling of measurement files with the measurement file manager
Application Area eMobility
Getting the Essence Out of Your HV Measurement
Highlights Version 20.0
- Performance increases through parallel loading of description files, e.g. A2L, ARXML
- Enter all mounting positions of your ADAS sensors conveniently and all transformations are determined automatically
- Reduce memory requirements through compressed datasets
- Acceleration of data evaluation between CANape as a frontend tool and the measurement data management backend vMDM
- AUTOSAR Adaptive Solution with DLT: Support of Non-Verbose and Verbose Mode
- Capture of Mobileye video data via the VX1161 video boards
Do you need precise performance data for your electric drive? But don't want to install expensive and unwieldy solutions in the vehicle?
Then simply use familiar mechanisms in CANape. During the test drive, use the integrated function library "eMobilityAnalyzer" to calculate all the physical quantities needed for e-motor development, such as inverter efficiency, active, reactive and apparent powers of the e-motor, etc.
With sampling rates of 1MHz, the calculated values are extremely precise, since they capture every harmonic.
You connect all ECUs, ADAS sensors, buses and much more to CANape log. CANape log is the industrial PC-based data logger that is configured directly from CANape.
You connect your CANape to CANape log via Ethernet, configure and verify all settings in CANape, and thus have completely configured your logger. No room for configuration errors. That's how convenient process reliability is.
The recording of data is done autonomously by CANape log. You monitor and control data recording via an app. Easy for anyone to handle. No special know-how is required for this.
During autonomous operation, you can connect CANape to the logger at any time, for example to change parameters. You have direct access to all components without changing the cabling.
You have to implement your ADAS projects and cannot wait for release dates of CANape? We have understood that. In order to be able to directly integrate the most diverse sensors, we introduced our concept of "Distributed High Performance Recorder" (DHPR). It allows any number of sensors to be integrated into CANape without having to develop at the CANape Core.
In addition to the new VN5000 Ethernet interfaces, the new video solutions are also available for physical connection. The VX1161 is a modular hardware optimized for the vehicle with space for six plug-in modules. It offers the functionalities of any combination of VX1000 base modules, bus interfaces and video grabbers.
ADAS sensors provide detailed information about the vehicle's environment. The data is analyzed by the sensor, road users are identified and information (position, speed ...) is described as data objects. The sensor sends these data objects to fusion ECUs in the form of object lists.
For verification, you capture the data objects and visualize them clearly in special ADAS windows in CANape. These also display additional information, such as position data and videos from reference cameras. This allows you to quickly and easily identify where in the environment the objects were detected.
vSignalyzer is derived from CANape. All data evaluation options in CANape work exactly the same way in vSignalyzer.
Your CANape license is installed in your vehicle, but you want to analyze your data at your desk? Simply continue using CANape. You only need one vSignalyzer license. CANape recognizes it and you can analyze your data without a vSignalyzer installation.
Start CANape without a license and work in restricted mode. In this mode projects and configurations can be edited freely. Data analysis requires a license.
Your CANape projects contain many hundreds of megabytes of description files (A2L, ARXML, ..)? Please excuse me, but it takes time to load these data volumes.
To save you time, you can simply use vSignalyzer to load your CANape projects. This is fast because the description files are ignored. You will quickly see your configuration and the measured values. You do not need a separate license. vSignalyzer also works with a CANape license.
You develop model-based with Simulink? Connect your model in Simulink directly to CANape via XCP on Ethernet. Use our free Blockset and measure any variables from the model and adjust its parameters. All from the familiar CANape interface.
The previous option "Simulink XCP Server" is no longer required for this purpose in CANape Version 19.0 and higher.
Option Driver Assistance
The option adds two key aspects of ADAS / AD development to CANape: data acquisition and object visualization.
ADAS sensors are integrated via special recorders. The interaction between CANape and the recorders (e.g. time synchronization, starting and stopping recording) is orchestrated by the option.
Visualization of objects:
The option extends the visualization options in CANape. Objects detected by ADAS sensors, such as road users, road signs, lane detection, etc., require specific visualizations.
- Recording ADAS sensors at very high data rates
- Visualization and validation of ADAS sensors
Convenient exchange of parameter sets within a team
A calibration data management system like vCDM coordinates collaboration in large, globally distributed teams. vCDM includes many functions for organizing the division of labor and for rights and variant management. The system is designed to be open to support different data sources and tools.
The CANape Option vCDM provides sufficient functionality for many user groups to work with vCDM. The workflows are optimized for application engineers and tightly integrated into the CANape user interface. In addition, CANape Option vCDM offers a lightweight model of collaboration for small and medium-sized teams.
- High user acceptance due to seamless integration in CANape and intuitive user interface. All work steps are performed in one tool.
- Reliable data exchange through conflict detection and conflict resolution in the event of simultaneous parameter changes by two editors
- Great transparency through change tracking of parameter values
- No investment costs when using the Vector Cloud offering (amortization over operating costs)
- Scalable solution: from two to two thousand users. Upgrade to vCDM is possible.
- CANape and vCDM Server: Two proven applications optimally matched
- CANape Option vCDM can also be run on an existing vCDM system
The user works with CANape data status management. Any data status can be easily shared with other users. The invited colleagues can then load these data statuses directly into their CANape. The user sends changes to parameters to the network. At the same time, changes made by colleagues are updated on the user's own PC. Conflicts that occur due to simultaneous changes to the same parameter are immediately displayed and resolved by the user. You can see who has made changes to individual parameters and when.
vMDM (Vector Measurement Data Management) is the solution for efficiently managing large volumes of data from development, test bench runs and driver testing. With vMDM, you store measurement data securely, protect the data from unauthorized access and facilitate the exchange of measurement data between distributed teams. Computationally intensive and extensive analyses, classifications and reports are executed in vMDM without any performance degradation of the workstation computer. The vMDM option gives you direct access from CANape and vSignalyzer to all measurement data stored and managed in vMDM.
- Secure storage of measurement data from test benches, from testing and endurance testing
- Data protection by organizing measurement data in the private or public cloud and assigning user-specific rights
- Convenient search, filtering and display of measurement data
- Automatic indexing of measurement data during data import
- Flexibly usable index from attributes of the measurement, from analysis results and aggregated data of other systems
- Automated data analysis and data mining in vMDM without performance degradation of user PCs
- Project-specific reporting of measurement data and statistical analysis on metadata
- Scalable solution for multi-user operation
- Familiar working environment as vMDM is seamlessly integrated into the Vector tool environment. You define scripts, data analyses and data mining functions as usual in vSignalyzer or CANape.
- Minimal IT effort with cloud-based operation
- Integration of vMDM in CANape and vSignalyzer for navigation, search and data transfer
- Interactive and automated data analysis of measurement data stored in the vMDM server in CANape or vSignalyzer
- Easy export of measurement files from the vMDM Server by drag & drop
- Creation of queries for storing dynamic search queries
- Export query results in CSV format to create statistical analyses
- Set up, manage data catalogs and user rights
Bypassing calculation with deterministic time response
The coupling of CANape, VN8900 and the VX1000 measurement and calibration hardware provides you with a powerful complete solution for bypassing. The VN8900 network interface serves as the calculation platform, and the VX1000 system provides the high-performance measurement and calibration connection to the ECU. CANape is used to configure the overall solution and visualize the signals and parameters.
- Multiple bypass calculations can be operated in parallel and activated/deactivated
- Deterministic time behavior in the calculation of the bypass functions
- The VN8900 network interface with integrated real-time computer serves as execution platform for the bypass algorithms
- Seamless configuration of the bypass in CANape for VN8900
- Visualization of the bypass and ECU model in CANape with access to measurement data and parameters
- As a runtime environment for DLLs from the model-based code generation process, the VN8900 can be used as a platform in addition to the PC.
In the Simulink model or C code, you define your function and place the CANape I/O function blocks at the inputs and outputs of the model. After code generation, compilation and linking, a DLL is available for integration in CANape.
In CANape, the model's inputs and outputs are linked to the real signals from the ECU. An easy-to-perform configuration change automatically moves the bypassing algorithm from CANape to the VN8900. In the process, all relevant data and configurations are loaded into the VN8900. At runtime of the model on the VN8900, you acquire the necessary input data from the ECU via the VX1000 hardware, XCP on Ethernet, XCP on CAN, CAN, FlexRay, or I/O. The VN8900 is then used for the configuration. The results of the algorithm are again sent to the ECU via the same path. You then use CANape to measure and adjust both the bypass algorithm on the VN8900 and the code in the ECU.
Option Thermodynamic State Chart
Display thermodynamic data and meaningful state charts for online and offline analysis
During the development and testing of all types of air conditioning and cooling systems, physical variables such as pressure and temperature are recorded on the test bench or test vehicle - usually together with other measurement signals and variables internal to the control unit. To evaluate the system parameterization as well as the components and coolants used, engineers in the field of air conditioning technology require a specific data visualization for thermodynamic data.
With the Thermodynamic State Charts Option for CANape, you can now display thermodynamic data time-synchronously with other measurement data and generate meaningful state charts for online and offline analysis.
- Numerous configuration options for individual design of the available state diagram types
- Selection of thermophysical properties from the extensive substance data library TILMedia from the specialist TLK-Thermo GmbH, which allows both real gases and mixtures to be used
- Online calculation of the state diagrams and thus individual adjustment of the isolines
With the Thermodynamic State Charts option, individually designed thermodynamic state diagrams can be generated with just a few clicks. These make it easier for you to analyze automotive refrigeration circuits online, for example. The various diagram types are available for selection:
- Pressure-enthalpy (ph),
- Pressure-specific volume (pv),
- Pressure-temperature (pT),
- Temperature-enthalpy (Th)
- Temperature entropy (Ts)
When configuring a diagram, you choose from a variety of substances, mixtures are also available. From the measured signals, e.g. for temperature and pressure, based on the substance data, the relevant quantities for the representation in the state diagram are calculated. The determination of missing circuit corner points is made possible.
Interested in CANape?
- Short overview of facts (PDF)
- CANape (PDF)
- Option Driver Assistance (PDF) – Object verification for driver assistance systems (ADAS) incl. high-performance data acquisition from ADAS sensors
- Option vMDM (PDF) – Direct connection between CANape and vMDM for the provision and analysis of measurement data
- Option Bypassing (PDF) – Bypassing computation with deterministic time behavior
- Option Thermodynamic State Charts (PDF) – Display of thermodynamic data and informative state charts for online and offline analysis
Intel Core i5, 3.0 GHz or higher
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.6 GHz
16 GB (special tasks may place greater demands on the system. Please contact CANape Support if you need further assistance)
Hard drive capacity
≥ 10 GB (special tasks may place greater demands on the system. Please contact CANape Support if you need further assistance)
1600 x 900
1024 x 768
DirectX 9.0c or higher
|Windows 10 (64 bit) /Windows 11 (64 bit)|