CANalyzer.EthernetNetwork Analysis Tool CANalyzer.Ethernet
Navegação na página
- Início da página
The Analysis Tool for Embedded Systems with CAN and Ethernet
Ethernet and IP-based networks, as well as the application protocols which build upon them, are state of the art in the automotive field. Typical areas of use include control loops, assistance systems, backbones and multimedia. The need-based design of a network which takes bandwidths and real-time capacity into account, as well as the physical transmission layer used, play a main role when it comes to expenses. Therefore tools for checking the network parameters named earlier are extremely helpful in every phase of development.
With the .Ethernet option, you can expand CANalyzer to include support for Ethernet networks. The exclusive use of Ethernet interfaces prevents unwanted interference of the real-time Ethernet system by Windows or other applications. When using the VN5600 interface hardware family, it is also possible to monitor point-to-point connections, thus avoiding changes in the topology for measurement.
- The integration of a database (FIBEX, AUTOSAR ARXML etc.) enables direct access to signal, service and RPC parameters.
- Perfect interaction with the interface hardware family VN5600 enables the monitoring of point-to-point connections and the and the topology-true simulation/stimulation
- Data traffic can be analyzed without disturbing effects of the operating system.
- Send out user-configured (even faulty) Ethernet packets configured with Ethernet Packet Builder
- Representation of all vehicle networks referenced to a common time base
- Analyze gateway communication on different bus systems
- Recording and playback of logging files of various bus systems
|Option Ethernet expands the standard functionality of CANalyzer with:|
|•||Configuration of up to 32 Ethernet channels (an Ethernet channel may comprise multiple Ethernet ports. The amount of usable ports is limited by the computing power of the used PC)|
Support for the Vector VN5600 series of Ethernet interfaces and PC Ethernet interfaces
No effects on network communication by the Windows operating system or other applications thanks to the isolated Ethernet interface. This may be a necessary requirement especially in real-time systems.
The integration of a database based on FIBEX-4.x or AUTOSAR3.x/4.x enables the use of signal and RPC parameters.
Support for Ethernet and Ethernet-based protocols such as VLAN, AVB, IPv4, IPv6, ICMP, DHCP, UDP, TCP, SOME/IP and DoIP
Various filter options (Hardware/Measurement Setup/View)
Display of protocol header information in the Trace Window, as well as breakdown of the Ethernet frames into individual PDUs
Use of individual signal protocol decoder DLLs for proprietary protocols based on Ethernet and UDP
Ethernet Packet Builder for configuring and sending Ethernet packets
Recording of data traffic, incl. Rx/Tx direction, channel and time stamp
At least one Ethernet interface is required to analyze Ethernet communication. Either a Vector Ethernet interface (e.g. VN5600 series) or the Ethernet interfaces available on the PC can be used as the interface. The VN5600 series of Ethernet interfaces is specially designed for measurement purposes, and it offers specific advantages such as
- high resolution of time stamps,
- synchronization with other Vector bus interfaces,
- spying on point-to-point connections and
- support of automotive-specific physical layers such as 100BASE-T1 (OABR) and 1000BASE-T1.
You will find more detailed information online at: VN5600 series.
CANalyzer.Ethernet provides a variety of possibilities for analysing embeddded systems based on Ethernet. But only those who are familiar with these options can fully tap the potential and save time and money.
Take advantage of our training and education offers in order to make even more efficient use of CANalyzer.Ethernet in your day-to-day work!