vSignalyzerProfessionally Display, Evaluate and Document Measurement Data
- Beginning of the page
Professionally Display, Evaluate and Document Measurement Data with vSignalyzer
vSignalyzer is a convenient tool for efficiently evaluating measurement data of all types. It gives measurement engineers extensive options for visualizing the data as well as functions for manual and automated analysis and reporting.
Measurement data recorded during the acquisition of physical values, network development, analysis and ECU calibration may be read-in from various file formats. The extensive function libraries and integrated data mining function lets you evaluate your measurement data manually or automatically with a focus on what is important. Powerful printing and reporting tools are integrated for documenting the results.
- Convenient and user-configurable display of acquired measurement data
- Efficient operation even with very large measurement files
- Direct link between vSignalyzer and vMDM (Vector Measurement Data Management) for easy access to centrally managed measurement data
- Automated analysis of any data volumes according to specific criteria with data mining functions
- Indexing of MDF files on the local workstation for the fast, convenient search for measurement data
- Extensive mathematical function library for creating data analyses
- Meaningful reports and documentation of analysis results
Automated Data Analysis and Reporting
vSignalyzer lets you focus on the measurement data that is relevant for you. You can easily create user control panels to control the analysis process and use them to visualize your measurement results. Even extensive evaluation functions and data mining computations can be fully automated and executed with just a few mouse clicks. This lets less experienced users conduct complex analyses with vSignalyzer as well. Due to its high degree of automation, you can also evaluate many very large measurement files, e.g. overnight.
vSignalyzer provides you convenient options to simply and quickly print your measurement results or insert them into reports. The configurable print preview gives you a preview of the later document during evaluation. Drag & drop functions make it easier for you to paste results into external tools such as Word or PowerPoint.
Highlights Version 19.0
- The eMobility-Analyzer now calculates all necessary parameters for the development of electric motors - without special components
- Standardized configuration dialogs for functions enable more user-friendly interactions
- Multiple XY pairs can be visualized in one Graphic Window to ease comparison
- New/improved GFX objects for object-oriented overlay are available
- vMDM 3.0 supports file attachments and measurement file conversion
- vSignalyzer can be run with a CANape or a DYNA4 license
Supported Measurement File Formats
vSignalyzer makes it possible to work with measurement data in various file formats:
- MDF-3.x, ASAM MDF-4.x, INCA DAT, CSV, XLS, XLSX, MATLAB MAT 7.3, HDF5, TDMS
For formats that vSignalyzer cannot process directly, corresponding import converters are available. The conversion happens automatically when the file is loaded into vSignalyzer:
- BLF, ASC, LOG, ASCII, ATF, ATFX, CC3, CLF, GLX, GPX, KME, NMEA 0183, PCAP, TTL, XLG
If further processing of measurement files in a different file format is necessary, vSignalyzer supports conversion of MDF files to a number of target formats:
- ASCII, ATF, MATLAB (M/MAT), DIADEM, Excel
Driver Assistance lets developers of driver assistance systems (ADAS) and systems for automated driving synchronously visualize logged sensor data in the Video window. Here the sensor data is superimposed on the video image as graphic objects (e.g. rectangles and lines) in a perspective view, and it is also visualized in a side view or bird’s eye perspective.
Based on the video image, you can verify the acquired data to objectively assess the reliability and operational safety of the system, regardless of whether it is a radar system such as ACC, lane detection or a parking assistant.
In addition to overlaying the acquired data on the video image, the data can also be displayed true to position on a map. Online map materials are available from OpenStreetMap. Offline maps from OpenStreetMap and Shobunsha Super MappleG may also be used.
- You will find detailed technical data in the Product Information (PDF)
vMDM (Vector Measurement Data Management) is the solution for efficient management of large data volumes from development, test bench operation and vehicle tests. With vMDM, you can save your measurement data securely, protect it against unauthorized access and simplify the exchange of measurement data between distributed teams. Large-scale CPU-intensive analyses, classifications and reports are performed centrally on a server without any computational requirements on the engineer’s workstation.
Overview of Advantages
- Secure storage of measurement data from test benches, road testing and endurance testing
- Protection of data through the separation of data files into collections with user-specific permissions
- Easy searching, filtering and display of measurement data
- Automatic indexing of measurement data on import
- Flexible data indexing based on metadata containing measurement attributes, calculated metrics, and data provided by other systems
- Automated data analysis and data mining on the vMDM server without any computational load on the user’s PC
- Project-specific reporting of measurement data and statistical analysis
- Scalable solution for multi-user environments
- Familiar working environment through seamless integration with the Vector tool landscape. You define scripts, data analytics and data mining functions as usual in vSignalyzer or CANape.
- Minimum IT investment and operational cost for cloud-based operation
You will find detailed technical data in the Product Information (PDF)
During the development and testing of all types of air conditioning and cooling systems, physical variables such as pressure and temperature are recorded at the test bench or test vehicle – usually together with other measured signals and internal controller values. To evaluate the system configuration and the employed components and coolants, engineers working in the field of air conditioning technology need specific ways of visualizing thermodynamic data.
With the option Thermodynamic State Charts for vSignalyzer, you can now also display thermodynamic data synchronized with other measured data and generate highly informative state charts for offline analysis.
Overview of Advantages
- Many different possible configurations for the individual design of the state chart types that are available for selection.
- Selection of thermophysical properties from the extensive TILMedia materials library from the specialist TLK-Thermo permit the use of both real gases and mixtures.
- Online calculation of the state charts and consequently also individual adaptation of the isolines
- Short overview of facts (PDF)
- vSignalyzer (PDF)
- Option Driver Assistance (PDF) – Object verification for driver assistance systems (ADAS) and optimization of image processing algorithms
- Option vMDM (PDF) – Efficient management of large volumes of measurement data
- Option Thermodynamic State Charts (PDF) – Display of thermodynamic data and informative state charts for online and offline analysis
Use this interesting presentation with expert tips and tool demonstrations to assure yourself a headstart in this area:
Data Mining with CANape/vSignalyzer: How to find the needle in the (data) haystack quickly and efficiently
Are you familiar with this situation? After months of testing, you discover some unusual behavior in a recent measurement file. You ask yourself whether this behavior is an isolated event or whether it has happened before. To find out, you could search through all of your measurement files manually, or you could use the “Data Mining” functionality that is available in CANape and vSignalyzer.
In this webinar, you will learn – based on examples from practice – just how easily and quickly you can find user-definable events in a “haystack” of measurement files and how you can use the results efficiently.
Duration: 51 minutes
Target Groups: Calibration engineers, measurement engineers, test fleet or logger operators, test engineers, vehicle and ECU developers, test bench supervisors, research engineers, quality control specialists
Intel Core i5, 3.0 GHz or higher
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.6 GHz
16 GB (special tasks may place greater demands on the system. Please contact vSignalyzer Support if you need further assistance)
Hard drive capacity
≥ 10 GB (depending on options used and required operating system components)
1600 x 900
1024 x 768
DirectX 9.0c or higher
Windows 10 (64-bit)
Do you have technical questions and are looking for suitable answers? Our KnowledgeBase provides the most important!
News & Events
In this workshop you will acquire a fundamental understanding of vSignalyzer. You get to know the extensive options for visualizing the data as well as functions for manual and automated analysis and reporting.